PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager vs. PostgreSQL Query Descrepancy

ProsperousOne
03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I was querying my Holdem Manager Database with the PGADMIN program, and found a descrepancy vs. the info generated by Holdem Manager.

The simple sql query returns the number of hands and total profit for the hero since a specific date and time.

Here's the query:

-- replace "screen_name" with player's name
-- replace "after_date" with date in the form of "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS", where HH is hour in 24 hour format.
select count(playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero.netamountwon)
, sum(playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero.netamountwon) from players
, playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero where (players.playername = 'screen_name')
and (playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero.handtimestamp > 'after_date');

The results agree with the Hold'em Manager report, until the after_date is more than a few weeks old.

In my data base, with about 10,000 hands, and about February 15, the number of hands disagrees by 4, but the amout won differs by several hundred dollars.

I had a friend run the the same query in his database, and at about 35,000 hands and on March 12, 2009, he ran into a simiar problem; The hands differed by 900, and his profit was off by several hundred dollars.

There either appears to be a bug with HM, or my query is not structured correctly... I wonder which is correct? :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

P1

ProsperousOne
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
UPDATE:

I've narrowed the time down where the descrepancy start to February 18, 2009, 06:45:23 and 06:45:24 (am).

The kicker is that I didn't play during those hours on that day.

HM correctly states that prior to that time and after that time I played 34,719 hands, and had a loss of $-68.30.

The postreSQL query correctly returns the 34,719# and $-68.30 loss if I do the search with a time of 06:45:24. However, if I change the time to 06:45:23, the postreSQL query returns 34720 hands (one extra) and a loss of $-176.70.

Also, ironically enough, my friend's error also occured between 32,855 and 33,394 hands (very near to my number of hands when the anomaly occured)

Hmmmmmm..... most perplexing .... :confused:

Rvg72
03-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Very weird... if you are ok with me logging in with teamviewer to run some additional queries to maybe narrow this down then email me at support@holdemmanager.net

Roy