PDA

View Full Version : Can't import hands anymore & HUD closes right after opening (VISTA)

skydog
03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
(cross posted on 2+2 thread, hope that isn't a problem, just trying to find out answer)

HM was working fine then it quit importing FT hands. I am using Vista 64 HE. I was using a previous 1.08 beta so I updated to 1.08 beta21 and still no import. When I click autoimport the HUD pops up for a couple seconds and then closes itself. The autoimport window just stays stuck on "autoimporting..." with nothing happening.
To investigate I tried importing the .tmp files that FT was saving using both Import from Folder and Import Files, but neither seemed to see the HH's. I notice that the dialogue box for Import Files says '.txt,*.hhf,*.htm, ...' and so on but does not list '*.tmp'. I'm guessing that is the reason. Btw, I turned UAC off and rebooted but that didn't help.

Suggestions appreciated. Do I need to change some setting on HM?

PS- MAY OR MAY NOT BE RELATED ISSUE: I don't really understand Vista (new as of a couple weeks ago) but I seem to be logged on as a User with Administrator rights. I also notice my custom HUD player stats are gone suggesting that HEM is looking at a different user location than when I created the custom stats? Arggg... Vista is soooo confusing.

I just did a search on my computer for the prefs.xml file and found it located in two locations:
(1) C\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml (this prefs file contains the custom stats I had configured and wanted to display)
and
(2) C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml (this prefs.xml has the default stats)

So obv HM is now using location (2) for its info. I guess I could just copy the HoldemManager.config, PosPref.txt, prefs.xml, and StatRanges.xml files to location (2)?

I don't know if this two locations for config info issue is related to being unable to import either.

skydog
03-23-2009, 09:45 AM
uhhh... nevermind. Ignore previous post. HM working again after a logoff and logon. Not sure why previous reboots didn't work, but whatever.