PDA

View Full Version : Optimisation process has stopped HEM working

Dodgyrocker
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I just installed HEM on my new PC. It was working fine. I imported a ton of old hands, then did the vacuuming and reindexing through PCAdmin. Everything working fine. Then I did the optimisation process through the database control panel, and now HEM won't load. An error message comes up saying "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'". When I click ok it takes me to the database control panel, and when I click connect it says "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like Holdem Manager to attempt to start the service?" I click on yes, and it says "Sorry, HEM was unable to start the service"... I then click on OK and a message says "HEM has started the service. Please try again." But then when I click on ok, it takes me back to the database control panel and same thing happens again.

Looks like this problem was caused when I did the optimisation through the database control panel.

How can I fix this?

Patvs
06-06-2011, 07:33 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely