PDA

View Full Version : My 127.0.0.1 connection fix

Botmac
03-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Like some on this forum I have had a few problems connecting to postgresql after starting hem. I tried all the fixes here and nothing seemed to work for me, so I did a google search and found that pokertracker users had a similar problem late last year, so I tried thier solution and have had no problems for the last 2 days, go here and click on the guide to uninstall and reinstall postgresql.What I did was uninstall hem and all postgre files , then reboot my computer I then followed the instructions to reinstall exactly, I then rebooted again. I then reinstalled hem from the homepage, then upgraded from the forum thread to the latest version, rebooted again. I found the step on page 6 interesting as my UAC box in vista was unchecked but it was still not disabled. I checked the box, rebooted, unchecked the box rebooted and then UAC was disabled. I am running Vista 32 bit, Kaspersky 2009 internet security, I have windows defender disabled Vista is also up to date with the latest patches. Hope this help, so far it has workedfor me. Post your results if it works, good luck.:)
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15574