PDA

View Full Version : HM slowing down my computer a lot

darthsidious
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
HM slows down my computer a lot just by starting it. I have an P4 3.2 GHz with 2 GB RAM.
I don't have any auto-import on or the HUD running. I downloaded the lateste version (1.06.01p) and that didn't help. The database is quite small, maybe 15K hands total.

The program itselft is also very slow not only my computer. It doesn't help anything by closing down poker clients.

Please help! As it is, I cannot use the program.

morny
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Can you disabled/close down your antivirus and firewall to rule these out as the problem

Thanks

darthsidious
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't use antivirus but I turned of the windows firewall. That might actually have helped. I didn't have the problem today. But I need to check more...

If it is the firewall, how can I have the firewall on and using HM?

morny
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
You need to check your firewalls manual on how to allow exceptions for a program and make sure that the following files are excluded from here:

C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config
hmhud.exe
holdemmanager.exe
dbcontrolpanel.exe

Also if you have spyware programs like spybot try disabling them too.

darthsidious
08-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Yesterday I had the firewall off (at least I turned it off when problem began).
I had pacific and party running and playing on both. Everything got extremely slow. So I turned HM off and everything went smoothly again.

It seem that having Partypoker running makes it a lot worse. It's really hard to say what is is.
I understand that doesn't make it simpler for you :rolleyes:

Maybe format c: and reinstall everything?

Right now I have pacific poker and party running with HM, I'm not playing, and I have no problem.

morny
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
When it gets like this is if you run Task Manager and in the processes TAB have a look at the CPU column, sort it by that column and see what is using up the most %'s and let us know.

Also if you go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Then click on Application and in the main window sort the columns by time and then look for any entries for the time it started lagging especially errors. double click on the info or error entry and copy and paste the description here and it might give us some indication.

Since lots of people use party & HM without problems it looks like its something specific to your setup or additional programs your running so again id try and have as little as possible programs running as possible while testing this to try and narrow it down.