PDA

View Full Version : Import doesn't work

HenrikLejervik
06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I have no idea why imported hands doesn't appear in my HEM "reports". The software finds the files but when i refresh my report page it's blank. Any ideas?

Henrik Lejervik

Patvs
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Hands played on which site?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and reboot

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

BingoBerra
06-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Hands played on which site?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and reboot

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

OK, I will give it a try. It's Poker Stars btw.

/Henrik

RedBarracuda
06-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Same thing here..

Bunch of hands (where I won are missing) from my DB.. played on PokerStars..

Also, when I import again, it reads them as doubles but they still dont show up.

netsrak
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Please clear your filters (Filters->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

Please remove the 3 winner card columns from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

RedBarracuda
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Please clear your filters (Filters->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

Please remove the 3 winner card columns from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).
srsyl?

that's the solution? 7 hours of reimporting?

RedBarracuda
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I mean... any idea what is causing this for me today?

It seems same thing happens at FTP and PS today. No big pots for me. When I manually import files it says they are duplicates but I can't find them in reports.

fozzy71
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
srsyl?

that's the solution? 7 hours of reimporting?

That is not a solution, but a few tests to determine if your current database is corrupt. They can become corrupt without warning and it is one of the things we need to rule out as a possible cause.

I mean... any idea what is causing this for me today?

It seems same thing happens at FTP and PS today. No big pots for me. When I manually import files it says they are duplicates but I can't find them in reports.

It could be a number of things that cause it and we would just be guessing at this point as we have no details about your system/setup or config files to review.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found', including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Make sure you have not created an auto-import/archive loop. If your archive is in a sub-folder of one of your auto-import folders it can cause lots of problems.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

Move the files in the handhistory folder to your \hmarchive folder and import them via import file or import from folder.

Try a new session with auto-import. A new handhistory file should be generated.

Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe and go to Filter > Clear and then Filter > Use for all. Also try enabling the Options > Settings... > Miscellaneous > [x] Auto apply filter changes to all tabs

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Do the same for your poker client's main EXE file.

Restart your PC.

If the problems persist, please try to duplicate it in a new database to determine if your current database is corrupt.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips

If it happens in the new DB as well, Please attach your holdemmanager.config and prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager and prefs. Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

RedBarracuda
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I created a new database and reimported the 06 month from the archive folder.

The hands are showing now which probably means that the original database became corrupt.

Any way of handling the corrupt database or is it as good as dead really?

Patvs
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
You can reindex the database in pgadminIII.
Sometimes that will fix the corrupt index.

Though best would be to reimport everything into the new database.
When it has finished importing, create a backup (.backup file) of the database in pgadminIII. So next time you can just restore the .backup (which will be 20x faster than reimporting millions of hands)