PDA

View Full Version : "Players" tab, report inconsistencies

Stasek
06-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I have an issue with the same stab (3bet%) having different values in different reports.
Look how in '4bet' report 3bet% is reported as 19%, but in 'Flop' report it is 17.6.

Also - number of hands and number of players is vastly different?
Is this a bug or do I misunderstand something?
How 3bet stat can be different?

Details:
HEM 1.11.06g
Brand new DB (created yesterday and reimported all hands)
This are HU PLO hands only - i dont play any other games.

Patvs
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Postflop: Flop as 4bet

vs

Postflop Actions: Flop

---

The percentages (3bet) are different because they're each based on two different sample sizes. The sample sizes are likely different due to the filter:
some hands are NOT counted as Flop as 4bet.

Maybe because the first filter counts all 3bets... and the second makes a distinction between 4bet and Cold 4bet (Open 4bet) resulting in fewer hands.

Stasek
06-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Obviously something with samples is different.
'Flop as 4bet' shows sample size of 302k - what does that even mean?
4bet pots are like 1% of all pots (raise 100%, gets 3bet 20%, 4bets 6%, 1*0.2*0.06 = ~1%), so why does it show 302k hands?
My entire DB is about 500k hands i think, not 30 millions which '4bet pot' report suggests.

Also - if 3bet stat is different for different reports, which report shows 'true' 3bet frequency?

Patvs
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
True 3bet frequency: just run a normal report (like default stats).

The Players--> Reports
are different than "filters".

The 302k hands are all hands you have on these 367 players.

Use a filter, so it will show the actual hands (and number of hands).

Though, I'm not sure what's meant with "Flop as 4bet" exactly (and a Flop as 4bet filter doesn't exist, it's only shown in reports) . I'll get back to you on what it means exactly and ask the other support staff.

Stasek
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
"Flop as 4bet", shows stats where player was 4-bettor preflop
Equivalent filter would be "Raised 3bet = true, AIPF = False, Saw Flop = True"

I know that most stuff on Players tab can be accessed from normal tab using filters.
But if I want to know what is average 3bet or 4bet or CBET for my opponents, then PLAYERS tab is the only place i can access that information.
Using "filters" only shows stats for currently selected player, not averages for all population.

I believe you that 'true 3bet' is accessible from "default stats" report, but wanted to point out that when '3bet' stat, which is preflop stat varies from report to report, then it gets confusing.

Another thing I've noticed, it that reports on Players tab are unpredictable.
For example, I've just ran 'Flop as 4bet' report again and it shows 160k hands total, but when I ran it earlier, it showed 302k (check attached screenshots)

Another issue: look at '4bet-2' screenshot - it sorted players by number of hands - all of displayed players played less than 100 hands, but the 'Min hands' is 100. Looks like this constraint is being ignored for this report (and possibly for other reports too).

What I want to do is to see what are averages of various stats for all players - 3bet , 4bet, cbet, and many others, but I don't trust results of reports, because of so many issues and erratic/unpredictable behaviour.

morny
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Were currently looking into these issues and are clarifying exactly how they should work, well reply here when we have more info

Stasek
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
There is another change i'd like to suggest: use normal averages for stats, not weighted.
If there is 1 player with 1000 hands who 3bets 10%, and other with 100k hands who 3bets 20%, average 3bet should say: 15%
This should be applied to all stats.
I think it would work better that way.