PDA

View Full Version : EV-graph bug

Moosepower
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
My EV-graph goes insane some times.
I have attached a picture of what it looks like.
You have any idea where the bug is?

Patvs
06-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Reimport the original handhistories into a NEW empty database (by running a import from folder on the archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive)

Moosepower
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
It's that all?
Well, its pretty much the same. Only difference is it says im only down 500 instead of 3500.
I attached the new one.
And just to make sure: i was supposed to click on the "import from folder" button and then find HMAchive folder right? was that all?
EDIT: Just noticed that the difference in my winning is because the number of hands wasnt the same. It imported 3k hands more after i imported from folder..

Patvs
06-03-2011, 10:12 PM
So it's fixed now?
Also run a auto import (in case some handhistories hadn't been moved to the archive folder yet)

And clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

Moosepower
06-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Nono it's not fixed at all.
You see, the problem is my EV-graph isn't correct. Im not supposed to have won like 600k. The graph makes some sick jumps as you can see so my question is how i can fix that?

fozzy71
06-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Moosepower
06-04-2011, 09:04 AM
How can i find the handhistories with bugs in? I can see at hand 25525 it's going insane so can i find that handhistory in some way?
Also it's random handhistories that bugs. I dont even have to be all in the hand. I once found one of these bugged handhistories and it was a hand i lost like 3 BB and i folded the flop but the graph went nuts and showed i should have won so many money. Also i can see the biggest EV difference i've had is -1665 dollars so i just think it is random HH's that bugs.

netsrak
06-04-2011, 10:30 AM
you should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

Moosepower
06-04-2011, 10:54 AM
but how do i know which one are bugged? or am i supposed to send you all of the hands? and in that case how do i do that? one of you said something about zipping them. i have no idea how to do that.

Patvs
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Didn't you find a hand which caused a EV difference of -1665 dollars?
Export that handhistory in HoldemManager by rightclicking on the hand--> export.

Or remember the date and time and handnumber and find the hand in the archive folder.

---

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
What language is your Windows installation?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) And reboot.

And reimport the hands again into a new database.

---

If that doesn't resolve it, email us a sample of the handhistory files.
Create a new database, import 1 file. Check the graph. If the graph shows incorrect results, email us to support@holdemmanager.com and attach that one file as an 'attachment'.

Or reply in this thread, and attach it. (if you click reply you also have the option to attach a file)

Moosepower
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Ye i did found that hand but i actually did play it. The other hands that causes the huge swings on the graph is not hands that i actually played or at least there's some bug in it. My EV-graph says im supposed to have won a hand of like 200k. That's not true and you can see the other sick jumps it makes. Those are some incorrect hand histories.
I use postgreqsl 8.4 and the language is danish.

Moosepower
06-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Maybe i have done something wrong actually. When you said in your first reply that i had to make a new database i just clicked on "import from folder" and then HMArchive and that was all i did. Does i have to do more in order to create a new database?
I'm really bad at computers and stuff like that so in case i did something wrong when i tried to create a new database could you do a step-by-step for dummies to me plz?

Patvs
06-04-2011, 09:58 PM
options--> database management--> connect--> create a new database--> (name the database)-->(set it as default)--> start HoldemManager.

Then reimport the hands. (by running the import from folder on your archive folder, default C:/HMArchive)

Moosepower
06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I think it solved the problem actually, the only problem is it doesnt include my hand histories from pokerstars. I mean the pokerstars handhistories isnt it the HMArchive. do you have any idea where they are? It's not under pokerstars --> handhistories either

fozzy71
06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

You can email stars or ftp support and they will send you all your old hands to import.

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did. They recently added this feature, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and add the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Results.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

Moosepower
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Okay thx a lot! Really appreciate the help! I will try that now.