PDA

View Full Version : Want to play on a new skin that has moved to my network

pellshek
03-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Bit confused by this.

William Hill joined iPoker this morning. I already play at Noble on iPoker, but want to move to WH. So what I want to do is use my existing Noble stats with my new WH account.

I originally thought that perhaps using the "Alias" feature would work, but HEM is not finding my new WH screename (I have auto import for my new WH account set up). This makes sense of course when I think about it.

So I can't get my head around how I get my existing DB to understand that I have a new screename (on WH) that is the same person as my existing screename on Noble.

Perhaps what I need to do is set up a new DB, use the Alias feature to connect my 2 names, and then import my stats from my current Noble DB? Would that do it? If so, is there a way to import the stats without needing to import massive amounts of old HHs?

Any pointers appreciated.

morny
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
This isnt possible in the HUD since the old aliases are attached to a different network. You can setup the alias to attach Myusername(old) and MyUsername(ipk) together to view your stats in the manager but you cant view an alias in the hud only the actual username

pellshek
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
This isnt possible in the HUD since the old aliases are attached to a different network. You can setup the alias to attach Myusername(old) and MyUsername(ipk) together to view your stats in the manager but you cant view an alias in the hud only the actual username

Ty morny

Is there any way you can think of to use my existing Noble stats with my new WH account given they are the same network now? It would be a shame to lose all my existing stats as the players are the same and Holdem Manager knows both accounts are ipk...

Cheers.

morny
03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Ill ask Roy if theres anything you can change to force it to think William Hill hands are ipoker hands

pellshek
03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks Morny.

But just to confirm: WH now is iP! Instinctively I feel it must be possible to pool all the IPK players irrespective of the specific skin.

Rvg72
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi, this wouldn't be as easy as you might think however if you have not imported any new WH ipoker hands then you could try something like this:

1) open pgadmin
2) select the db and open the sql window (make sure HM is closed)
3) type "update players set site_id = 4 where site_id = 6" without the quotes and run that
4) that should switch all players from crypto to ipoker and it could possibly make everything work nice.

If you have imported 1 or more ipoker hands then you would need to start a new db, import the crypto hands only and then try the instructions

Roy

pellshek
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that reply Roy, but I think you have my query the wrong way around.

I don't want to use my existing Crytpo db at the new WH at iP.

Rather, I have switched from one iP skin (Noble) to another (WH) and want to see if I can somehow use the stats I have generated at Noble at WH.

Bennobal
03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I think the problem is that it is not possible yet ('till the next beta) to import WH hands yet for ipoker. So, as soon as you are able to import these hands, starting when the next beta is out, than it will recognize your alias correctly, and display the stats for the other players you allready have in your DB from ipoker when you play them again via the WH skin.

Rvg72
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I think the problem is that it is not possible yet ('till the next beta) to import WH hands yet for ipoker. So, as soon as you are able to import these hands, starting when the next beta is out, than it will recognize your alias correctly, and display the stats for the other players you allready have in your DB from ipoker when you play them again via the WH skin.

This is correct - ipoker hands are all grouped together so you have nothing to worry about. btw, beta 22 with William Hill support is now available here:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

Roy

pellshek
03-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Thanks for response Bennobal.

Just to confirm I have it right: I can use the same DB for both my iP skins, and simply link my screenames through the "Alias" tool, and all the hands from both sites/names will be rolled up into one?

If so, that is great news and makes it much simpler than what I thought I'd have to do. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Bennobal
03-25-2009, 03:49 AM
yes, say you were playing on noble and played vs a player called 'xample' who plays on ipoker via Titan. He is in your HM database. Now say you start playing via WH and encounter this player 'xample' again who's still playing via the Titan skin. The hud would then display his stats from all previous hands you played vs him via noble.

(changing your alias is not even neccessary for making the above work I believe, however you will have all your previous hands-stats displayed or available of yourself if you did. the alias is more for combining the data of your playing history across sites, if you want to know results for example this month for all hands played on all sites (cash games-report tab )).