PDA

View Full Version : program not responding

l1ttledb
06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I have tried both the current release 06g and the newer one but hm keeps freezing.

when i open it it opens to the default import page, then if i click any other tab it freezes and goes to not responding.. when i close it down i noticed the importer is still active in my processes if that helps?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Patvs
06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

--

Try to manually start dbcontrolpanel.exe (in the HoldemManager folder)
Connect--> Create a new database.

Do the freezing/program not responding issues continue if you click on any of the tabs when the database is empty??

l1ttledb
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
ok done all of that..

It works now on all existing db's plus any new ones provided my username is not the player selected. I have just started playing HU sng's on VC - entraction.

I created a new db and imported the HH's from the entraction clients folder and it worked. does this mean my main db is corrupted now?

Patvs
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes..... most likely cause is a corruption in the main database.

Which SQL version were you using?

If you can still connect to the main database:
export/backup your: notes (!), bonus/rakeback settings, custom HUD.

--

Next you can try to reindex the database in pgadminIII (which can fix a corrupt index).

Or reimport ALL hands into a new database. (if you're going to do this, may be a good time to upgrade PostgreSQL also)

l1ttledb
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
postgres 8.4, that's a real shame have a large chunk of games in the main one.

there's no way to clean it out or remove the corrupted hands? seeing as i know which username / group of hands caused it

Patvs
06-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Try a reindex of the database in pgadminIII.

If you don't have the handhistory files of ALL your hands, export them from the old database (hud options--> database management--> connect--> export hands)

Update PostgreSQL to 8.4.8
Then reimport the hands into a new database.