PDA

View Full Version : import connects to internet

Suerte
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Why does holdemmanager connect to the internet when I initially start auto import? I understand the registration part when I start the program, but I do not see why my firewall gives me a message saying "HMimport needs to connect to the internet in order to auto import" or something".

I have blocked the request and I think that is the reason I cannot import.

Why does need to connect and is that the reason I cannot import?

Patvs
06-01-2011, 07:26 PM
It doesn't connect to the internet, but the TableManager (=hmhud.exe) will try to detect poker tables you have open.

If will look for tables in three ways:
-It can literally try to find the table on your desktop
-It will look for the last imported hands (and assume that hand was played on a table that you're playing on)
-It will look which .exe files are running. If you're running fulltiltpoker.exe, it will assume you're playing on Full Tilt.

To HELP TableManager (if it still doesn't find the tables), use the TableFinder: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

When it uses any three of these methods, a firewall will wrongfully assume it wants to make a "connection" and try to block it.
Just as some aggressive firewalls will try to block the PostgreSQL server entirely.

So it's crucial W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.