PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL installation problem. 'Fail to start service, insufficient previleges'

hk_fish
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi,

Problem with PostgreSQL installation on Vista. It comes to a point when it is trying to start the PostgreSQL service but it fails. It says:

"Service 'PostgreSQL Databvase Server 8.3' (pgsql-8,3) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient previleges to start system services. And I am the administrator of the computer.

thanks in advance

callumwright
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Would like to second this.
Have been through every suggestion in the FAQs and ahve reinstalled HEM and PostgreSQL several times.
Part of the problem may be that I have more than one account on the PostgreSQL (does this mean >1 database??).
Whenever I try to start PostgreSQL it says it starts and then stops itself because no program is using it. Whenever I load up HEM it simply starts the system and then when I click connect again, it fails.
Please help.

callumwright
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Just to add-I really don't care about necessarily finding my DB as I only jsut started using HEM and it was working fine for a week. Since coming back off holiday I can't get anything out of it!
If someone could give me info on how to wipe the lot and start again that's fine.

Sorry for asking a Q in your thread OP, but I guess it's kind of relevant.