PDA

View Full Version : Tried reinstallin. now hem cant connect to postgresql

behhh04
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/behhh02/buggypos.jpg

someone plz help. I've already about 50 things go wrong with hem and postgresql. I tried reinstalling them both and this is what happens.

behhh04
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
anyone?

wilee
03-17-2009, 06:18 PM
I have the same problem ive read all the faqs uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. I think its a problem with HM itself because PT3 works fine!

PCP Poker
03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Are you guys able to view your HoldemManager database through PG Admin? That is a database management program that installs along with PostgreSQL if you didn't know. It should be located in the same folder as PostgreSQL. If you need a walkthrough, let me know, I'll make some screenshots.

cdpierce
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I am having this same problem. HEM worked when I first installed it, for about an hour. As soon as I shut he computer off and came back next day it has never worked again. I did all of the uninstall and re-install steps (3 times) and have had no success...still getting the same message.

Very frustrating since I chose HEM over PT3, but my PT3 (still on free trial) is having no problems whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

Botmac
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I have had the same problem all week, nobody has come up with an solution yet, it's in my I/O Error post, done everything multiple times, nothing seems to work. I can run for a few hrs with no problems, shut it down, then in the morning reboot and I get the same message as you, very frustrating.

wilee
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Ill stick mine in here to.

Hey guys ive looked at all the posts about HM and how to fix it. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled everything, changed the last line to loacal host 117 or whatever the instructions are and it still wont work.
I havent played poker in a while but id go on the odd day to play it started when my hud wouldnt work on Absolute you guys said download the new version. Well i did and now i get the cannot connect to SQL so then i change it back and get the same error.

Then i follow the instructions ive found looking for a fix like uninstalling everthing and reinstalling ive done all that spent 2 hours at it and it wouldnt work so i restored my computer so i dont lose my DB! Im currently stuck with a HM that dosent work. I dont get why because PT3 has no problem connecting to it i hope you guys are working on a fix?

Cheers!

morny
03-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Anyone with these issues please email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session

PCP Poker
03-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Are you guys able to view your HoldemManager database through PG Admin? That is a database management program that installs along with PostgreSQL if you didn't know. It should be located in the same folder as PostgreSQL. If you need a walkthrough, let me know, I'll make some screenshots.

Anyone? I ask this because if you can't connect with PG Admin, then it's a PostgreSQL problem. If you can connect with PG Admin, but not with Holdem Manager, then it's a Holdem Manager problem. Let's try to narrow this down to what program is causing the issue......

Botmac
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes any help would be appretiated, I'm totally frustrated. I can open hem, play for hours with no problem, then go to open hem the next day and can't get in. I have another post I/E Error, that has a screen shot of what is happening and what I have done to try and find a solution. If you could put up some screen shots, I will try to get it done or at least I can determine if it is hem or postgre problem. You would'nt happen to know what I/O Error means by chance. Thanks for your help.

wilee
03-20-2009, 10:02 AM
This worked for me but i lost my database find the databse file and back it up before you do this.

Found a fix:
1)Delete/uninstall everything postgres/ HM and delete the folders to.
2)If you have PT3 installed delete/uninstall all of that
3) turn off user control
4) restart your computer
5) install PT3 and let it install postgres for you ( take note of the password or change it)
6) install HM and update it to the newest file
7) restart your computer
8) start HM and enter your serial
9) Its working again :)

** lost my database though what is the name of that? **

tinke
05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
i tryed that and it didnt work :/ What should i try to do next? Im trying to do this with trial HEM.

morny
05-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Completely uninstall your antivirus and firewall (disabling wont work) then test for a while and see if it works. Usually reinstalling them will allow it to work fine but it may be worth considering changing antivirus or firewall if the problem reoccurs, AVG's a good antivirus and Zonelalarm is a good firewall and both are free

tinke
05-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I uninstalled all and still not working. How fking hard this can be? I can easily install postges with PT3, but i cant connect to it with HEM.

morny
05-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Email me to arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session, can you leave them uninstalled for the session or else uninstall them again before we start morny@holdemmanager.net