PDA

View Full Version : unable to establish connection

jumo1007
05-31-2011, 07:07 AM
This isnt the first time this happened for me over the years with my HEM.. I wanna say i tried to turn off my laptop before closing out HEM. Now I am unable to connect to 1.27.0.0.1. This must of happened 5/26. I dont think i had any windows updates since that time to cause this problem. Ive tried all the faqs, and now 5 consecutive hours later i need help.

I dont care much about saving the databse as, since this happened 2 months ago the my newest database i can do without.

I downloaded hem patch and new postgres. Now i got an error stating: Error creating Stat Ranges xml file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\config\StatRanges.xml' is denied

Patvs
05-31-2011, 11:58 AM
When you get the "is denied" error it's usually a sign your Windows account doesn't have full administrator privileges (caused by the User Account Control settings)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Turn off User Account Control and reboot: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

----

This can also be the cause of PostgreSQL no longer running.
To fix the PostgreSQL (unable to connect to 1.27.0.0.1.) error:

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

jumo1007
05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Im running windows 7.

I downloaded the most recent version of hem. I dont think im getting any postgresql problems of what I know yet, BUT I now get
Now i got an error stating: Error creating Stat Ranges xml file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\config\StatRanges.xml' is denied
when i start up hem.

My UAC has always been off. I have windows defender turned off, window firewall off.

I have superantispyware, which i have had for months now and hem ran just fine, also hem ran fine with spybot and teatimer. My point is, to my understanding, i have not added nor changed a program setting before any trouble arose.
If there is one sure quick fix i will go that rout, i do not care about database, I just need to get back to work. Thanx for the help.

Sarek
06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
This "access is denied" is the point.
1) Guess: you installed new HM version in wrong folder (i.e "original" HM is installed in non-default path.
2) Make sure all EXE in HM folder are set to run "as admin"

jumo1007
06-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Access is denied- obv is not what we want, oh my ignorance.
Still getting Unable to connect to 1.27.0- after turning off windows defender, windows firewall.
When i try to add port as an exception to the firewall, i notice my change settings button is shaded and unable for me to click, so i made rule to allow for port 5432. I have no idea if what I did is equivalent to the step in the faq about ports.

jumo1007
06-01-2011, 05:03 AM
I uninstalled/reinstalled postgres. I think I am connected to postgres. I now receive " error creating stat ranges xml file: Access to the path 'c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config\statranges.xml'"
When i clicked hm update, i search for it in my downloads and then clicked and ran.

any guidance would help( I am losing my will)

jumo1007
06-01-2011, 07:59 AM
If this helps, in my holdem folder, in config folder there is a lock on the page icon that is in front of holdemanager.

Sarek
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Set all EXE in HM folder to run "as admin"
And do all installs "as admin" too

Patvs
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
PM sent

Your problem could be more severe if Spybot Search & Destroy made changes to your hosts file.
Spybot will add ip addresses of unknown sites to this file. PostgreSQL will then run just fine for months.
But if the file gets larger (with more added ip addresses) PostgreSQL will stop running at some point.

So it seems you have two problems.
-1 access denied (administrator priviliges issue)
-2 SQL not running (possible caused by the hosts file)