PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall postagresql

onliness
05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi!

I had uninstal my postagresql due to a connection problem, now I had install it again and my database is empty, but i notest that in the uninstal process the the past "8.4-prev-2011-17-May-10-31-43" and been left and contain data. How can I add this data to my database?

Ty

Patvs
05-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Copy the /data folder (from the 8.4-prev-2011-17-May-10-31-43 backup folder)
to the new nearly empty 8.4/data/ folder.

And reinstall PostgreSQL. Use the installer (8.4.8) from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
It should detect the old database during the installation.

onliness
05-31-2011, 01:33 PM
I have done that and now when I open HM appear a pop up saying "failed to establish a connection to..."

What should I do?

Patvs
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

Best solution would be, to create a new database, and reimport your original handhistories.

Restoring a database, by copying back the /data folder (and reinstall PostgreSQL) will often result in these types of errors, caused by a corruption in one of the indexes.

onliness
06-01-2011, 07:01 AM
I tried that first options and didn't work. Now I had created a new database, and I want to reimport my original handhistories. How can I do that?

Thanks for your patient Patvs!

Sarek
06-01-2011, 11:34 AM
All original HHs are in c:/hmarchive
Simply use Import from folder button.