PDA

View Full Version : Auto Import Folders

hurla64
05-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a question about the import folders. Somehow I have ended up with 8 different folders in the Import section. I don't know why that happened, but I want to have them all in one or two locations for convenience. But I'm worried that if I just cut and paste the folders, it might somehow mess up the stats on HEM.

Can I just cut and paste? Or is there a better way?

Patvs
05-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Don't create a "import loop" so don't add the archive folder (C:/HMArchive) as an import folder.

Delete all the import folders you're not using from the auto import settings.
And you can just move (copy/paste) the actual folders into one folder on your computer.

Make sure the folder where PokerStars is saving the hands isn't moved, and that folder isn't deleted as an auto import folder.

hurla64
05-30-2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask how many import folders people usually have? Is it one per poker site (or 2 if you want opponent data too) ? And if I change the default Pokerstars save folder and then move the old hands into that new folder, will the stats be ok?

Patvs
05-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Default is just one folder for each pokersite.
(and every site uses the same archive folder)

Just stick to the default import folders (for PokerStars, and other sites), since the hands are all moved to the archive folder anyways. (and using default folders, HoldemManager can auto detect them)

The stats will always be OK, if you reimport hands (even if you reimport duplicate hands).

Though if you're planning to import a lot of hands, run a "import from folder" on the folder they're located in. Don't move the hands into an auto import folder and start the auto import.

hurla64
05-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the help, guys ! I'll delete the ones I don't need.

I had 2 folders because at first the HUD wasn't bringing up stats on players from previous sessions, so I was advised to add another folder (can't remember which one now).