PDA

View Full Version : Can't install PostgreSQL at all *HELP*

AxeInCarrr
05-29-2011, 02:22 AM
First off, I've read the entire FAQ, nothing covers this... As suggested, I have uninstalled every security software and I'm now expecting to get hacked/robbed any minute now.

I downloaded the Hold'emManager and PostgreSQL combo installer but it only installs HEM and an error message pops up telling me to manually install PostgreSQL. So I download the 8.3 manual installer (I also tried 8.2 and 8.4) or whatever... At the Service Configuration screen I enter an account name and an Account password and move on to the Initialize database cluster page where I enter another password and I get the error message <<*The Secondary Logon service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again. >> I have no idea what the fuck that is, I've searched my computer for a secondary logon service, didn't find anything.

The fuck do I do now ?

I've been trying to get this shit to work for the past 3 hours, I'm on the brink of insanity so please help before I destroy this computer and everything around me.

To anyone willing to help me, start from scratch as I've uinstalled all this bullshit.

netsrak
05-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Secondary logon service is a standard windows service. You just need to start it before you try to install postgres.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/81/Secondary+Logon+Service+Error