PDA

View Full Version : Please help, i can't install PostgreSQL for some reason

metron2321
03-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but here goes:

I've been trying to install HEM, but I can't get PostgreSQL to install. I follow the guide, and when I get up to the "initialize database cluster" step, I fill all that stuff out and then it tells me:

"the specified data directory is not empty. If you have an exisiting database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluster, if you have an existing database with a different major verision you need to backup your old database and create a new one."

Anyway, try to pass this step by unchecking "Initialize database cluster".

I next the screen, and I get "Error The system cannot open the device or file specified. Retry/Cancel"

Please help, i'm not sure where to go from here.

metron2321
03-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Its Error code 2755 if that helps

morny
03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Ive never seen that before, have you a previous database you need to keep?

metron2321
03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the response,

I am not sure what 'have you a previous database you need to keep' is referring to. If I have a database on pokertracker, is that what you're referring to? If so, then yes, I would prefer to keep it. Otherwise I do not need to keep anything else.

thanks again for the help, sorry I'm retarded when it comes to this type of thing

metron2321
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey Morny,

Thanks for the help, I figured out the problem, it seems to be a problem with the windows xp installer. It doesn't like encrypted files. If you care for future reference, in order to fix this, I had to rightclick the folder, go to properties, go to advanced, and unclick the "encrypt file" box. That did the trick.