PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on using reports

urbanmyth
05-28-2011, 04:44 AM
a few beginner questions:

-some posts refer to articles, #d from 1-8, the ones I've seen. Where can I find these articles?

-are there specific threads that go through some basic leak finding, or that show some desired percentages for specific stats?

-I do mainly sngs, preferring 6max turbos. Any articles on this? Which stats do you find important.

-my roi% on stars was 9%, now moved to Cake and dipped into negative %, so I know I have some serious leaks. For example, I am -EV on all-ins with any # of players; playing in the big and small blinds; and top/good or weak kicker with either good or weak/no draws. I am also bad as a bigstack player. After knowing these weaknesses, what is the next step?

ty for advice

Edit: these #s are for my first 15k hands on Cake, so may or may not be a good indicator

Patvs
05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Articles 1-8: in HoldemManager click on Help--> Articles

-are there specific threads that go through some basic leak finding, or that show some desired percentages for specific stats?

Run the free trial of Leakbusters, which should show desired percentages for cashgames. Or read a thread like: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/30301-6-max-neater-modified-hud.html

-I do mainly sngs, preferring 6max turbos. Any articles on this? Which stats do you find important.

There should be threads in: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/ subforum

Examples:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/10133-beginners-layout-mtt-sng.html

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/12690-sngs-tournaments-hud-simple-useful.html

-my roi% on stars was 9%, now moved to Cake and dipped into negative %, so I know I have some serious leaks. For example, I am -EV on all-ins with any # of players; playing in the big and small blinds; and top/good or weak kicker with either good or weak/no draws. I am also bad as a bigstack player. After knowing these weaknesses, what is the next step?

Most likely, you're playing a similar style on Cake as in your PokerStars SNGs...
but your opponents are not. Are they playing a lot looser, are they tighter, are they all crazy?

-Go over your allin hands:
If you lose hands because you're often dominated, don't have the best hand, etc. tighten up your pushing range
-If they call you too lightly (the opponents call any allin with 22/33/44/55 /AJs try to avoid preflop allin scenario's altogether.
-If you often find yourself being extreme shortstacked (where opponents are forced to call your allin with any two cards), start playing a push/fold strategy a lot earlier. (or consider playing 9 handed SNGs.. or NON-turbo SNGs instead)

urbanmyth
05-28-2011, 06:29 PM
was looking for the articles on the website. will read them

some of your suggestions were regarding HUD stats and usage, but unfortunately, Cake does not allow HUDs, so I am unable to take advantage. My questions are concerning use of the reports.

In starting to use the reports, I am unable to determine what game/# seats I am playing when going over hands. I can only use the filter so that all the hands I am reviewing are within the filter parameters (I set the # players at 3 to weed out h/u matches. Within this, though, I can't determine how many players were sitting)

Also, in reading the reports, I can't tell if I went AI or called an AI. Any way to set a filter for this?

ty

Patvs
05-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Filter--> Edit--> Main Filters--> #Players--> set it to More Than 3

I can't tell if I went AI or called an AI. Any way to set a filter for this?

Not really possible.
You can set a filter for
Filter--> Edit--> Filter by Actions--> Raise Raise (or Raise Raise Raise)
Filter--> Edit--> More Filters---> Preflop--> Did 3bet (or raised 3bet)

urbanmyth
05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
am I correct, then in that when the report for a specific hand says (AI), that there is no way of knowing if I went all in or called an all in? If so, seems to be a significant defect to the reporting.

Patvs
05-28-2011, 08:23 PM
You can use filters, if your last action was a call or a raise.

Calling an allin will usually be:
Filter--> Edit--> More Filters--> (preflop) Called Preflop 3 bet (or called Preflop 4bet) = True