PDA

View Full Version : Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This!

PCP Poker
03-14-2009, 07:40 PM
So like many of you, I've been pulling my hair out for days because I could not get a connection to my database. After hours upon hours of research and failed attempts, I finally figured out a method that has worked on both of my comps and a friend's comp as well. Hopefully it will work for you as well. This worked for me on an XP PC, an XP laptop, and Vista Basic PC. Without further ado:

1. Do the standard step of fixing your host file
Instructions can be found here (http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182).

2. Uninstall any antivrus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs you may have.
This includes disabling windows firewall and windows defender, although you cannot uninstall them.

3. Follow steps 1 through 6 in FAQ 171 (http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=171)
When you get step 6, stop after you have uninstalled PostgreSQL. DO NOT REINSTALL IT YET.

4. Find your PostgreSQL Data directory on your computer.
By default, this should be at C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data or something similar. Make note of its exact location and the exact name of the folder. You will need this info later. Now you need to Rename this Folder to something like data_original.

5. Now do a clean install of PostgreSQL.
Make sure you install the proper version number. If you were using 8.2, make sure you install 8.2. If you were using 8.3, install 8.3. Follow the instructions in FAQ 176 (http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=176). In step 5 of that FAQ, make sure you set up the data directory to match the info you wrote down in step 4 of this guide. Once you have PostgreSQL installed, verify that HoldemManager can connect to this new, empty database. You don't need to create a HoldemManager database, just verify that you can get a connection.

6. Now you need to copy some files from your new data directory to your old one.
Go to your newly created data directory and copy the following files:
pg_hba.conf
pg_ident.conf
PG_VERSION
postgresql.conf
and postmaster.opts
DO NOT COPY postmaster.pids

Go to your data_original folder and paste these files. They should already exist in that folder, so make sure you overwrite the exisiting ones. Also, delete the postmaster.pids file that should be in your data_original folder.

7. Uninstall PostgreSQL again.
After the uninstall has completed, go delete your data directory folder. Rename data_original so that it matches the name and location of the folder you just deleted.

8. Reinstall PostgreSQL using the steps in FAQ 177 (http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=177)

9. Now Holdem Manager should be able to connect to your original database.
If you still can't connect, guess you're S.O.L.

10. Now reinstall and enable your firewalls, antiviruses, etc one by one.
After each one that you install or enable, make sure you test Holdem Manager to make sure it can still connect. If after installing or enabling something you can't connect to your database, then you have found the program that is most likely the cause of all this headache. Consult that programs support for ideas, or try another similar program.

bandin
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
this worked for me. took a while but obv worth it. thank you sir

K4SIUS
03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Hello, I suddenly can not run holdem manager, problem would probably me in connection to postgress but I tried everything from FAQ and your new advice, but nothing changed...I even do not want to connect to my old databese, it is not problem to make a completely new database, but even after I unistall holdem manager and postgres and delete remaining folders and then make a new instalation of both programs...stil sam problem...please help

langejan
03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I have two computers. And only one of them HEM works.

Can I copy any of the files from the working computer to the non-working computer to make HEM work instead of going through this long process?

morny
03-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Anyone having issues with this email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session, make sure you have steps 1-3 completed before we start the teamviewer session which includes completely uninstalling all antiviruses/firewalls/spyware etc

PCP Poker
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
I have two computers. And only one of them HEM works.

Can I copy any of the files from the working computer to the non-working computer to make HEM work instead of going through this long process?

Most likely not. The problem is that the postgres service can't be restarted, and just changing a couple files isn't going to fix that. Only a full blown reinstall got it working in the end for me. But, your situation may be different, never hurts to try. The files contain information specific to the computer they are stored on, so unless the hardware profiles of your 2 computers are very similar, I doubt it would have any effect.

WikiBruce
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Wow that hurts big time.

I have that problem on my other PC and I really wish there would be another (easier or faster) way to get it back working...

The whole process will prob. take two hours?
I really hope its worth it.

Oh and: "2. Uninstall any antivrus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs you may have."

- Are you serious?

PCP Poker
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow that hurts big time.

I have that problem on my other PC and I really wish there would be another (easier or faster) way to get it back working...

The whole process will prob. take two hours?
I really hope its worth it.

Oh and: "2. Uninstall any antivrus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs you may have."

- Are you serious?

Depends on how fast your hardware is and your level of computer experience. By the 4th pc I did this on, it only took me 20 minutes or so. First couple times an hour tops.....

As far as uninstalling antivirus and firewall programs.....unfortunately that is a very necessary step. These programs monitor and block network traffic. Even though the database is located on your computer, PostgreSQL functions just like a web server. All communication between PostgreSQL and any program that attempts to access it goes through a port on your Network Card. These programs can get in the way of that communication happening.

My advice to keep your computer safe during this process is to download all of the necessary files ahead of time and then completely disconnect your computer from the internet before starting this process.

Also, if you have an antivirus or firewall program that you paid for, make sure you find out how to renew your license for that program once you uninstall and reinstall it. Some programs have limits on how long after purchase you are able to reinstall. Consult that progams support before uninstalling anything just to make sure you're not going to lose access to it.

PCP Poker
03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Also, please keep in mind guys that this whole situation was in no way a defect or fault in Holdem Manager. Most of this was all caused by a patch to Micro$oft Windows that interfered with the ability of PostgreSQL to communicate with the rest of your system.

Also, FWIW, I'm also not affiliated with the programmers of Holdem Manager in any way. I'm just a paying customer like the rest of you, but I really love this program and the effect it has had on my game....

karimdaniel
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
faq/?f=176"]

7. Uninstall PostgreSQL again.
After the uninstall has completed, go delete your data directory folder. Rename data_original so that it matches the name and location of the folder you just deleted.

Could you be abit more specific? What folder are we talking about that I should delete?

I am so desperate and frustrated that my head is going to blow up!

Hold'em manager not working is ruing everything for me. I use about 3hours each day to get it working.

If someone could fix this problem for me I would be over my head

PCP Poker
03-17-2009, 11:15 PM
If you installed PostgresSQL without changing any of the default settings, the folder I am talking about is C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\Data. This is the folder where all of the Data from your database is stored. It should be sveral gigabytes in size. If you can't find it, do a search on your computer for a file called PG_VERSION. Whatever folder that file is in would be your Data Directory.

WikiBruce
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Thank you for your kind and extensive reply to my little "rant".
Actually I am not too bad with Computers but the Antivirus issue really kinda ****** me off cause I have Kaspersky running (yes I paid for it) and I am not really happy about being impelled to un- and re-install it for exactly the reasons you explained about that licensing stuff. But WTF I do love the program very much too. I actually tried PokerOffice and PT before switching to HEM and I am glad I finally found what I think is the perfect piece of software- at least for me. So I guess it is worth going through the trouble.

Anyway. Thanks for the advice and good luck at the tables everyone!

karimdaniel
03-18-2009, 09:23 AM
6. Now you need to copy some files from your new data directory to your old one.
Go to your newly created data directory and copy the following files:
pg_hba.conf
pg_ident.conf
PG_VERSION
postgresql.conf
and postmaster.opts
DO NOT COPY postmaster.pids

Go to your data_original folder and paste these files. They should already exist in that folder, so make sure you overwrite the exisiting ones. Also, delete

When I install this again I dont get any new files in the new data folder.

This is simply not working for me.

morny
03-18-2009, 10:53 AM
If there is no files in that folder then you didnt install it properly, please try again

Byzantium
03-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Is there anything else that I am able to do? I have tried every step, very carefully and i still was getting the 127.0.0.1 message. So, I did it again just in case I messed up somewhere and nothing is working. It was working just fine in the morning, and in the evening I was getting the error message again. I uninstalled all virus and spyware software, which didn't seem to be a problem for the 6 months I had HEM before. Can someone please help?

thanks

morny
03-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session on Monday as im away today

Kuthbert
03-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi,

Same problems here:
'failed to establish connection to '127.0.0.1''

I already did the first steps but am having some trouble with this step: 'do a clean install of the proper version of postgreSQL'

I had postgreSQL 8.2 and wonder if it is necessary to reinstall this version.
I can't seem to find this version 8.2 on the internet (could be me)
When I finally did find 8.2 and tried doing the clean install (step 5 I think) the installer asks me whether I would like to remove or repair.
Not sure what to do.

please help?
Kind regards,
Stéphane

morny
03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
You need to uninstall PostgreSQL first before reinstalling it

edkim1973
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
i have vista.. i've been reading this form all night and still cant figure it out..

call me a moran but i even find your 'threads' confusing.. its link after link

can i CALL somebody and have them walk me through it?????

edkim1973
03-24-2009, 11:21 PM
i play on poker stars

i have vista

i once downloaded that pstqr (whatever that freakin file is) a while ago... when i try and connect HM, they say a connection cant be found.

i tried deleting it but couldnt. i tried to redownload that pstqr file but said that file already exists...

William Wallace
03-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Hi!

I just recently bought HEM Pro, but I am not able to start it.
I am using windows vista.
Whenever I trie to connect to PostgreSQL I get this message--" A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have HoldemManager attempt to start the service?". Of course that does not work either.

In January I used the trial version, and then everything worked perfectly. I have not changed anything on my computer since that periode, and I have not installed any new anti-virus programs or firewalls of any sort.

I have gone through the entire list that you have posted here, unfortunately it does not work.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this, and why did my trial version work, but not my licenced version.

Thanks in advance!

edkim1973
03-25-2009, 12:42 AM
are you guys serious.. how many of us are that computer literate to do that????? this is so ridiculous.. they're basically asking me to 'dismantle' my computer and put it back together again... this is so unreal to me...

i cant get HM to work...

Kuthbert
03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi again,

I uninstalled it like you suggested and followed the next step. Got a few errors while installing it and if I try to connect to the new database through HEM I still get the same error.
Time for a teamviewer session I guess?

Stéphane

Kuthbert
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi again,

I uninstalled it like you suggested and followed the next step. Got a few errors while installing it and if I try to connect to the new database through HEM I still get the same error.

I just checked the status of the service and it has 'started' (and stays that way) for the first time in four days. If I try to connect to the database it still fails however...

Stéphane

morny
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Try stopping the service, then restart the service and if the problem persists email me and well do a teamviewer session

Kuthbert
03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
problem persists...

johnnyonedrink
03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I want to cry.
2 hours into this, tried all solutions, ive unstilled all anti virus, re booted and reinstalled postgres numerous times, and now gone through the above, i got to step 5, did the 'clean re-install, and it still wont connect'

i think i need a teamviewer session :(

morne, be great if u can help.
i'll email.

THIS IS KILLING ME :(

just cant get the connection.

ive tried this thread
and this http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

and http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=40&faqid=171

:(

most grateful for any help

jamesdee1986
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
i have also tried these steps several times and it is eating at me now. I just get the same message after reinstalling the database

Jack Rock
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Kuthbert
03-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi,

Morny?
Hope you are around here somewhere for the Teamviewer session?
Really wish I could get this resolved before juicy Saturday...

I mailed you my ID and password.
Thanks,
Stéphane

johnnyonedrink
03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Guys.
For those still struggling.
Morny (superstar) just did a teamviewer with me.

In my instance it just wouldn't reconnect even following the guidance here.

As a last resort. U can just reinstall postgres and start a new database. And then if u have your Processed files archived. You can just reimport them.

That's how morny solved mine :)

Gl guys and thanks Morny.

Jack Rock
03-28-2009, 01:04 AM
wondering if there will be a teamviewer session this weekend i need help please

morny
03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Please contact me morny@holdemmanager.net for a teamviewer session

If youve done all the steps indicated in this thread then its very likely it wont reconnect, you can either take it to the PostgreSQL forums and see if they can solve it or make a backup of your data folder in PostgreSQL/8.3/data and then delete that data folder then reinstall PostgreSQL and import your archived hands.

If your not sure on how to do this i can do it via teamviewer just make sure you try the intructions at the start of this thread first as that solves it for most people

fozzy71
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Sticky: 'connection error: access to the path ....... \config\holdemmanger.config' is denied' (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22409)

Zendel
12-08-2010, 12:07 PM
This worked for me when nothing else would. Thanks.

HungryEyes
01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
2 years nothing but troubles and problems with HEM

Just set up my system and guess which program does cause nothing but troubles?

Done for good with HEM

Zendel
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
2 years nothing but troubles and problems with HEM

Just set up my system and guess which program does cause nothing but troubles?

Done for good with HEM

What is the problem? Beyond the importing issues, everything else seems to have a solution.

Vni
02-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Hi there,

3. Follow steps 1 through 6 in FAQ 171
When you get step 6, stop after you have uninstalled PostgreSQL. DO NOT REINSTALL IT YET.

The link to the faq isn't working anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Vni
02-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I can't find postgresql 8.3. Anyone?

e/ nvm, got it.

raver2046
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=177 --> the page cannot be found error

Patvs
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27tConnect%7B47%7DFailedToStartPostgreSQL

brainfry35
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Patvs,

I have went through this FAQ and still can't connect.

I tried reinstalling PostGres and nothing.

I am going absolutely crazy here. What do I have to do to get to this to work?

Patvs
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
PM sent

brusvatten
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
i have sended 2 emails to your support but havent got any answers.

My HM worked fine before my harddrive crashed, but now when i have had it repaired(changed harddrive and system restore) i cant install postgresql i got the same message as many others that it cant connect to server 1.2..... and port something.

I have vista home premium swedish SP2.I have turned off the AUC,firewall,defender and avast virus.But it still doesent work what should i do? Have tryed to download postgres from the hompage but the password dosent work

olliepower
03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi,

what email address did you send the emails to support@holdemmanager.com from?

if you are having password issues this should help you.

olliepower
03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
1) Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2) Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file.
3) Move the file back to the data folder.
4) Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

brusvatten
03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
but its not any passowrd for HM ig i go to postregsql and download it from their site i must write in a password and i tryed the one you had in another thread think it was postgresspass or something

brusvatten
03-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I just want HM to work from the scratch i dont have any old hands or something. It worked fine before i had it in for reapering and they changed harddrive so dont understand why i cant do the same thing i have always done which is to download the first installer package and just install it.I get the message postgresssql couldent be isntalled cant connect to bl bla and port

olliepower
03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
the instructions i posted above will reset the password you need to enter to make postgresql work.

olliepower
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
I have reviewed your emails and forum posts.

Its seems you are having issues installing, connecting, and have password issues with postgres. I'm sorry the directions for this are so long. After completing each piece open HM and test.

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /delete

You should get a confirmation if it was successful.

If that doesn’t work try installing this version of PostgreSQL – http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

If that installer also fails try this one it should work PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.17/win32/postgresql-8.2.17-1.zip)

Your connection issues are usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide will help you to fix this problem.

Go to Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x > choose Stop Service

Start > Programs (or all programs) > PostgreSQL 8.x and choose Start Service. This may take some time and a black dos window may appear while it’s starting. If it fails to start delete the C:\Program Files\postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. Do not delete any other files

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily – http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems - Windows Firewall / Defender Problems

If none of those worked Please reboot and try following these FAQs, step by step:

1) http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can’t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQL+ Can’t Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
2) Reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder – http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+DatabaseReinst all PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database

Failing that you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your archived hands using these instructions. Once you do this you won’t have access to the hands in the old database but since you can’t connect to the database your already in that situation. In the case it’s not possible to reconnect you can either contact the PostgreSQL forums who may be able to help with advanced connection issues or you can reinstall. I’ve listed 3 PostgreSQL forums below
PostgreSQL Help Forums (http://forums.devshed.com/postgresql-help-21/)
PostgreSQL (http://old.nabble.com/PostgreSQL-f759.html)
PostgreSQL - dBforums (http://www.dbforums.com/postgresql/)

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Programs & Features (Add/Remove Programs on XP).
2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:

Try installing this version of PostgreSQL – http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe
If that also fails Please follow step A again and try this version PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.17/win32/postgresql-8.2.17-1.zip)

1) Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2) Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file.
3) Move the file back to the data folder.
4) Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

brusvatten
03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
this dosent work http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe it stops after downloading half,saying windows searching to fix the problem but nothing happens

None of the mirrors on this addres funtions always a eror message saying it cant find the hompage PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.17/win32/postgresql-8.2.17-1.zip)

brusvatten
03-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I have tryed to download the 8.3 version several times but it stopps and says connection to postregsql have stopped working and windows is searching to fix the problem.The mirrors dosent work either

Patvs
03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Download: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip)

brusvatten
03-16-2011, 12:58 AM
that one worked and it seems to be installed but i go a error message when HM IS LOGGIN IN.

FATAL:2800 password authentication failed for user postgres

What should i do?

brusvatten
03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
One thing i dont understand why did the first time installer from your homepage work for me before and not now?Its the same OS only thing changed is harddrive.I really need some help soon 2 days without HM

netsrak
03-16-2011, 04:43 AM
You get this message in the HM login screen?

There is a password field where you need to enter the password you choose during the postgresql installation.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29

fozzy71
03-16-2011, 08:06 AM
that one worked and it seems to be installed but i go a error message when HM IS LOGGIN IN.

FATAL:2800 password authentication failed for user postgres

What should i do?

Sounds like you didnt delete the postgres user from windows before reinstalling sql.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL again

brusvatten
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I have tryed to unistall it over 100 times and its not a joke but nothing happens when i write it in the commandprompt.And this is the third day i will try to fix it have put more then 15 hours trying to fix it.The support only answers my mail 30 hours after i send them it has gone 3 days now without it working.

this is what happens when i type postgres/delete

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/postgres.jpg/

I dont know if i have to write something else if i have a swedish version of vista?

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/postgres.jpg/

dont know how to upload images on this site so i posted a link

I got a mail that i should contact some level 2 support,i contacted him around 22-25 hours ago and if i should send a mail again my email will go down further the list which meen i would have to wait more than 2 days to get 1 answer.

Hi can you tell the support that im availible as fast as they can for the teamviewer seasion?

Really fuking nice this support,first i have to wait for 1 hour.Then the support guy oppens a new account and chanhes lots af installaionts and then he send me a message to make fun of me what the fuk is this 3 days and i get this kind of response

Sorry for my other post i have been very frustrated the last couple of days when i havent got HM to work,and only needed 1 thing more to go wrong before i exploded.I have now got it to work i needed to open a new admin account wouldent have figured it out without the help from your support

THANKS

fozzy71
03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
If you have further problems do not hesitate to send us, or me personally, another email.

Regards,

fozzy@holdemmanager.net

CampaLoa
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
So I also struggle a LOT with getting it to work, but now I am to the point of the HEM window actually opens (before, i just got the error and the HEM window showing Cash game, tourney, addons etc didnt open, now i only get the error next to the window that opens). Of course, HEM doesnt show up on the tables (I watched the instructional video).

The error is basically the Database Control Panel opening and saying it needs to know where to find the database. Login name and password are postgres and postgrespass. If i click on connect, I get the connection error that it can't read from the transport connection (translated from Dutch).

Also, when I try to start the service from the admin window, i keep getting a message saying that it cant start the service on this computer (error 1053:)

What's the next step?

CampaLoa
06-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Never mind the HEM window opening, I de-installed my avira anti virus, rebooted, and it doesnt open again anymore. Re-installed avira, but no help.

Patvs
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Manually install PostgreSQL with the 8.4.8 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Make sure you secondary logon is running: The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

If 8.4.8 fails.. try 8.2.x

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

CampaLoa
06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I already tried that starting service on progresql 8.4, 8.3 and 8.2, i will install the other SQL right now and try that again. The message i get for trying to start the service, is something like "....... cant start on this computer...... etc", "the service didnt answer the assignment in the right way"

Operating system: Windows XP professional (SP3), Avira Anti Virus and the windows own firewall (i added all of the exceptions, written in another faq).

I found the HEM directory and files, right clicked it, properties, opened the compatibility tab, but the "run as admin" couldnt be found there. Only: "run in compatibility mode", " 256 colors", "resolutions of 640X480", "no visual themes", "no advanced textservices for this program" (I hope I translated it correctly)

CampaLoa
06-21-2011, 11:23 AM
•Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

This is my error after clicking HEM btw

Patvs
06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
PM sent

CampaLoa
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I can't reach you anymore..

fozzy71
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I can't reach you anymore..

Please email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.