PDA

View Full Version : Backup won't go to new path chosen to save and preferences lost from default database

rambodave
05-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Two questions

1. I recently added a new database to my HEM but I guess I didn't backup my preferences anywhere and I seem to have lost them. I did not delete my old database so I didn't think it would be a problem but I guess I was wrong. Is there anyway to recover my preferences? A lot of work went into my HUD and other stuff.

2. I then decided to backup my old database just in case something happens and I have a ton of info on there. I changed the path my backup was saved to and tried to put it in a folder in "MY DOCUMENTS". It came up with the error message..... "error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\rambodave\Documents\HEM backups\Default backup". I ended up saving it in the default location but am wondering why it would not save to me in the location I wanted it to?

Thanks, in advance!

netsrak
05-27-2011, 03:45 AM
1. Your Hud and preferences are not saved in the database, they are located in the config subfolder of your HM installation path. So they don't get lost when you only create a new database.
If you are missing database related things like notes - switch back to your old database in the database management, export the notes, switch to the new database and import the notes.

2. Probably a permission problem - but you can move the file after completion anywhere you want it.

rambodave
05-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your quick response! I moved the backed up file after I was done and it was fine....thanks for that.

As for question #1.......I did switch back to my old database as I kept that one as my default database. The new database I uploaded is only for specific games, so I wanted to keep my original database as the default. Anyway, I switched the old one back to default and still no preferences and it looks like I have to do everything over again. I looked in the HEM file and the config file and tried to import all the files I could and they were empty. I was wondering if I could get my preferences back using pgadmin or something? I even tried doing a system restore but just my luck it was turned off.

I just don't know how I lost them? All I did was create a new database and it should've been automatically backed up.....sigh. If you have any more advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

Patvs
05-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Which preferences have you 'lost' exactly?

In creating the new database, the only thing you could have lost is your custom HUD. Re-create the HUD and export it (it exports to a .xml file you should save)

All other settings, custom popups, etc. are in the HoldemManager/Config folder.
Those files aren't overwritten if you create a new database.
They are overwritten if you reinstall HoldemManager with the FULL installer.