PDA

View Full Version : unable to read data from the transport connectin: an existing connection was forcibly

drsmooth
03-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I have a new and probably related problem to the 127. etc thing

It worked for 5 minutes then I stopped auto import and tried to look at a past seesion and this series of messages occurred

unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit the application will close imiediately

unable to read data from the transport connection. an existing condition was forcibly closed by the remote host

so i closed it down, tried to re-open and got

'the following error occurred when trying to open the database: unable to read data from the transport connectin: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host'

i click ok and get instructions to disable user account etc etc etc that i got before

Any ideas?

morny
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi, Microsoft released a patch last night that has caused some issues with
the postgresql service for some people on Vista. The following steps seem to
get around this problem:

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with
notepad

It might look something like this:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

::1 localhost

2: Enter "127.0.0.1 localhost" (without the quotes) at the bottom of the
file
4: Save the file
5: Reboot your PC

If the problems persist then please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

drsmooth
03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I did all that already when I was having the problem everyone else is. This has occurred after it started working again for 5 minutes

morny
03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Did you follow that FAQ and completely uninstall all firewalls and antiviruses?

If so then Try and start the postgreSQL service:
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Then scroll To PostgreSQL Database Server and make sure it’s started and if not Right click PostgreSQL Database Server and choose start

Most likely this will give an error like:
The postgreSQL Database service started then stopped, Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do...

When you get the error do the following:
Go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications and in there for the time corresponding to the time you got the error starting the service you should see a postgreSQL error, copy and paste the details of the error into this thread

Lastly attach your hosts file

Kuthbert
03-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi,

We did a teamviewer session just two days ago. I had the 'can not connect to 127.0.0.1 postgre related error'. After you fixed it I played a session and it all worked like a charm. When I tried to review my session later that evening everything turned to shit again.
Now i get the same errors described in this thread.
Another strange thing is that I can start Holdemmanager but only if I press the 'start the postgre service' button in services.
After getting the 'started and stopped again'-error holdemmanager keeps running but fails to import. Unless I press the start service button again.
So in the time between pressing the start button and the error, everything seems to work.
anyway...

This is the log;

- System

- Provider

[ Name] PostgreSQL

- EventID 0

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-03-30T13:10:03.000Z

EventRecordID 18861

Channel Application

Computer computerstephane

Security

- EventData

2009-03-30 15:10:03 FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists 2009-03-30 15:10:03 HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 2344) running in data directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data_original"?

this is the host file;

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

Thanks in advance!
Kuthbert

Kuthbert
03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I tried deleting the postmaster.pid file

didn't help: everything remains the same...

Kuthbert

morny
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Can you try reinstalling PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176 if you get another error in the event viewer can you post that then

gonzon
04-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm having similar problems.

I copied the data folder from desktop pc to my laptop and installed postgres 8.2.

This is the error that appears in the log file:

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "SYSTEM", database "postgres", SSL off

This is after trying all these steps too.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171

Thanks

morny
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Can you attach your hosts file from C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

gonzon
04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok

gonzon
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Nevermind, deleted the offending line and got it sorted!

Kuthbert
04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Still not fixed.
I play poker now while pressing the start service button every five minutes (if I want my stats updated.)
The stats on the hud seem to work just fine, it's just the manager who keeps refusing.
Tried reinstalling postgre like you suggested but that just messed everything up again. (not able to start hem after doing so)
I did a system recovery and am back to pressing start service like a complete moron.

Any thoughts?

morny
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
For your issue its most likely a firewall/antivirus causing the problem, please follow steps 3-6 of this FAQ and reboot http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171, you need to follow the FAQ exactly though as disabling instead of uninstalling just wont work, dont reinstall the firewalls antiviruses until its working for a while without problems then try reinstalling 1 at a time to see which is causing the issue

Kuthbert
04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Done those 3 steps a billion times, did them again, nothing changed.
Everything disabled, everything else uninstalled.
?

morny
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Email me with a link to this thread morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session, make sure you have your firewall and antivruses completely uninstalled before we start

Kuthbert
04-12-2009, 09:51 AM
In an ultimate attempt to figure it out myself (before reading your teamviewer-suggestion-reply), I went to services > properties > start up type> and changed this to (translated from dutch) "automatic (slow or delayed start up)"
Now everything has been working fine for the first time in 30 days for 2 days in a row.
No need for that session in other words.
Thx a lot though

Kuth