PDA

View Full Version : ipoker hud

pelerin
08-03-2008, 02:38 PM
having a few problems with the hud on ipoker:
- when I try to save positions I get a message box saying "couldn't verify posprefs.txt" and the positions aren't saved. I've got overhang set to 640.
- I have the stats outside the table window (miniview on ipoker) and the stats above the window gradually drift down the screen, maybe 1 px per hand, I keep having to move them back. The ones below the window don't drift though.
- some of the numbers in the stats are getting overlapped like there's not enough room for them, '0' seems most affected by this.
- when I move the section with the table vpip and winners of previous hands, all the player stats get moved back inside the window.
- I tried to exit the hud via the icon in the status bar, it wouldn't close, the stats stayed on the screen, the table I was playing at locked up, only way out was to close HEM (this unlocked the table as well as shutting down the hud).
I'm using HEM version 1.06.01p.

morny
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
when I try to save positions I get a message box saying "couldn't verify posprefs.txt" and the positions aren't saved. I've got overhang set to 640.

Just choose yes for the popup and then when you have the stats positioned correctly in the first table follow these instructions: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=149

I have the stats outside the table window (miniview on ipoker) and the stats above the window gradually drift down the screen, maybe 1 px per hand, I keep having to move them back. The ones below the window don't drift though.

Mikes away at the moment so ill get him to look into this when he gets back, in the mean time try increasing the overhang and see if theres a difference

some of the numbers in the stats are getting overlapped like there's not enough room for them, '0' seems most affected by this.

Is this a problem with multiple panels, maybe a screeshot will best explain this.

- when I move the section with the table vpip and winners of previous hands, all the player stats get moved back inside the window.

Again Mike will look into this when he gets back.

I tried to exit the hud via the icon in the status bar, it wouldn't close, the stats stayed on the screen, the table I was playing at locked up, only way out was to close HEM (this unlocked the table as well as shutting down the hud).

Next time try closing via the table manager and seeif the problem presists

pelerin
08-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Just choose yes for the popup and then when you have the stats positioned correctly in the first table follow these instructions: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=149
Tried doing it exactly as in the faq but it still doesn't save my layout. The only difference from how I did it before is that I was right clicking on the table manager in the status tray and saving positions from there.

Mikes away at the moment so ill get him to look into this when he gets back, in the mean time try increasing the overhang and see if theres a difference
Tried changing that but no difference. Yesterday only 2 of the player stats were drifting down (it was 3 before).

Is this a problem with multiple panels, maybe a screeshot will best explain this.
see screenshot attached, some of the numbers have their left edges cut off like they are being overlapped by the number on their left.

digimortal
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm having these exact same problems, saving positions as mentioned in the FAQ returns the same posprefs.txt could not be verified error message.

upgrading to latest (p) version did not help either.

morny
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok well since its not saving your positions please close down HM and just delete the posprefs.xml file from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and then restart Holdem Manager and it should recreate the default one. Let us know if its still happening then after you use the Table Manager> File > Save Positons option.

I have the stats outside the table window (miniview on ipoker) and the stats above the window gradually drift down the screen, maybe 1 px per hand, I keep having to move them back. The ones below the window don't drift though.

Ill ask Mike to look into this so

see screenshot attached, some of the numbers have their left edges cut off like they are being overlapped by the number on their left.
Are you using VISTA, if so follow this to make sure you have 96 dpi stats selected http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=140

pelerin
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Are you using VISTA, if so follow this to make sure you have 96 dpi stats selected http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=140

I'm using XP.

digimortal
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok well since its not saving your positions please close down HM and just delete the posprefs.xml file from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and then restart Holdem Manager and it should recreate the default one. Let us know if its still happening then after you use the Table Manager> File > Save Positons option.

i do not have that file in that folder maybe that is the problem.

morny
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Digi pospref file is attached, add it to your folder and if you still have a problem start a new thread with as much details as possible

digimortal
08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't see the attached file morny.

Mike chops
08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I think morny meant to say delete the pospref.txt file not pospref.xml

morny
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry yeah should have been pospref.txt, ill attach mine but deleting it will do the same thing but mine works without any errors.

pelerin
08-06-2008, 05:27 PM

I tried deleting posprefs.txt but still can't save positions. The date/time on that file changes when I save positions so it is doing something.

morny
08-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Contact me at morny@holdemmanager.net and let me know a suitable time for me to use www.teamviewer.com to have a look.

In the meantime attach your holdemmanager.config file and also your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

When you say its not saving positions, do you mead during the session it is moving positions or is it only when you restart HM?

Also what site is this happening on, more than 1 and lastly do you use preferred seating on the applicable sites?

pelerin
08-07-2008, 01:53 AM
When you say its not saving positions, do you mead during the session it is moving positions or is it only when you restart HM?

Also what site is this happening on, more than 1 and lastly do you use preferred seating on the applicable sites?

During the session the positions stay where I want them but if I close HEM and reopen it they have moved back inside the table window. Sounds like the same as in http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=915 where Mike says the same thing happened when he tried it.

morny
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Ah i see what you mean now, i thought you meant they were showing up at the wrong seats etc, Mike is working on a fix for that so and should have it fixed soon

digimortal
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Looked at the thread pelerin linked and tried moving stats onto the table and hem is saving positions now, im confident mike will fix this soon.

Only problem remaining is the gradually moving down of the stats i have outside of the table during a session wich pelerin is also experiencing, maybe this has the same cause.

will await next update and see if it's fixed.

Mike chops
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Should be fixed in s

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01s.exe

pelerin
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Installed s but now I'm not getting any stats! Only the notes icon is showing.

edit: just saw same problem mentioned in 2+2 thread and apparently this is happening with transparent backgrounds so I'll change to black for now.

digimortal
08-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Great table manager is saving positions now, the top panels are still dropping like 1 pixel per hand though ,moving any element of the hud flips them back.

pelerin
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Save positions is working and the problem about the numbers overlapping is ok now, thanks for fixing it. I still have the top row of stats moving down at the end of every hand.