PDA

View Full Version : FTP Client Freezing

razorrayas
05-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Emailed Full tilt about the issue and they told me it's probably an issue with HM and to try and play without using HM and see if you have the same problems. I did try playing with out Holdem Manager running and I didn't have the FTP client freeze.

I run a windows xp virtual machine on my IMAC 2.4 GHZ intel core 2 duo with 4 GB Ram. I do this through the new version of VMWare Fusion on Mac OSX 10.6.7. When I play I run Holdem manager and play up to 10 tables. Nothing on mac side ever freezes or lags but on windows I do notice a very slight lag when getting up to 9 tables.

Apart from this freezing issue everything runs very fast and smooth. When Full tilt client decides to freeze it is the only thing that freezes and then i just manually shut down holdem manager which is still running fine. I then hit ctrl alt del and end task on all FT tables all of which are not responding. This takes about 5 minutes for everything to shut down. I can then start up FT and play again.

Today I went through this process 3 times so it seems to be happening more and more. I only play poker on my virtual machine, don't even browse internet on it. Anyone know anything I can do to help alleviate this problem?

Patvs
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe, postgres.exe, port 5432, fulltiltpoker.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off.

Run a manual Windows Update, update XP to Service Pack 3.. and install ALL updates (including all .net framework updates)

---

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
Did you install PostgreSQL on the Mac side... or on the Windows side?

---

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

razorrayas
05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Ok I downloaded the latest HM and also got XP SP 3.

I allowed all the programs mentioned in the windows firewall which is set on. (I think i got the port name right?)

I run postgres on my mac side so I couldn't find postgres.exe. I found psql in pgadmin however so i just allowed that.

What access should I give all these programs in my mcaffee antivirus plus. Full or outgoing?

How much memory should I allocate to my virtual machine? It's set to 744MB right now. I don't share folders between mac and virtual machine(don't want to) and it says the recommended maximum is 3864MB before memory swapping occurs. Where should I have it at?

I will also go through the other steps located in that post.

Thanks

Patvs
05-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Is McAfee running on the Mac side or Windows side?
Give full control to holdemmanager.exe, postgres.exe, port 5432, fulltiltpoker.exe and hmhud.exe.

If this doesn't resolve the freezing, try to:
-1 install PostgreSQL on the Windows side (and set similar exceptions for all the files including postgres.exe)
-2 temporarily completely uninstall McAfee and reboot.

The freezing usually takes place if a program is monitoring (or partially blocking) the PostgreSQL server connection.

---

If you have 4 GB, try to double the RAM allocated to the virtual machine to 1500 MB.

Also try to edit the postgresql.config file to assign more RAM to postgresql. (see:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html )

razorrayas
05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Mcaffee is running on the windows side. Where is port 5432 located? so i can find it and give it full control in mcaffee.

I had postgres installed on windows side before and it made it run super slow(this was before ram increase however)

Hopefully don't have to do that as I haven't had it freeze yet.

Thanks for the help. keep u posted

Patvs
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Try to reinstall PosgreSQL on the Mac side... and completely uninstall McAfee on the Windows side.

You should be able to add exceptions for port 5432 on the Windows Firewall of XP.

Turn off the firewall of McAfee, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29