PDA

View Full Version : Using hud while 40tabling

coca_cola_lova
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, first time posting here.
*dont know if i am correctly posting this thread here, mods feel free to move it

So, i mass multi table 20 to 40tabling sngs on Stars mostly the 3s and the 6s, and since i started i use hem only to review plays after a session BECAUSE i cant open holdem manager due to poor cpu in my laptop (pentium 3 1.6GHzi think and 512 ram).

Anyway i would like to be able to start using HUD while i multitable by buying a new desktop. The question to everybody hardware literate is: What set up do i need to be able to use holdem manager`s HUD while playing 30+ tables and not having cpu sky rocketing and terrible lag?

Im thinking intel quad core 2,5ish, 4gb ram, for sure plus good motherboard, and fast Hard drive. Amirite? Any other suggestions from multitablers i guess ?

ps, i use tableninja as well fwiw

morny
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah them specs look good, you can also use these techniques to help http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

Mike chops
03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Switch off the pre-fetching in the hud options->site settings menu. That's the biggest cpu hog and I can see even powerfull machines struggling with 30+ tables.