PDA

View Full Version : HEM is getting slower

satolfea
03-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi,

I've got about 75k hands in my DB, and am running HEM beta 17, on a fairly powerful machine. I've run a vacuum thing, several times (it never works from within HEM, I always have to go through PGadmin), but it never seems to make any difference. If I click on the "sessions" tab, it takes a good 10 seconds before anything shows up. I've also removed the 3 stats it suggests to remove, winners cards, etc.

Is there anything else I'm missing here? What's it like for DB's of millions?

Thanks,

Ryan

morny
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
You could also try a defrag, windows has a built in tool for doing it but there are some free defrag tools out there that people say make a huge difference in comparrison to the windows defrag when dealing with big databases. Try asking in the 2+2 HM thread as it was mentioned a couple of times there but i cant remember which one they used.

satolfea
03-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Thanks Morny,

I've recently run System Mechanic, which has it's own defrag. I don't have a large database (70k ish), so it didn't really have much of an impact.

Anything else that I could look at?

Thanks.

mksmipalla
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Might want to try this. I made the changes and they work.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/postgresql-optimization-tips-speed-up-yo-slow-ass-computer-362568/

satolfea
03-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Thanks a lot, will give it a bash...