PDA

View Full Version : Program Won't Run

dirtdog55
08-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi,

When I open the holdemmanger.exe file the opening screen appears, however once I click "try" I get a window telling me poker sites were found on my computer for autoimport etc...I click OK on this window and I then get the following error message and the program shuts down:

"DBControlPanel has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Can anybody help me with this?

morny
08-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Make sure that both holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and DBcontrolpanel.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator if your using VISTA. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

Otherwise see here for instructions for uninstall and reinstalling the microsoft .net Framework and see if that sorts the problem

dirtdog55
08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Not using Vista, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling microsoft.net program and this did not fix the problem, other ideas?

morny
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Have you tried re-installing Holdem Manager, back up the contents of your CONFIG folder in the holdem manager directory first so your Hud settings are kept.

When did this happen, is it the 1st time youve installed it, have you upgraded recently?

dirtdog55
08-03-2008, 05:42 PM
this happend the first time I installed the program, which was last night

dirtdog55
08-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I have tried reinstalling, same thing happens

morny
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Is PostgreSQL installed? If you go to the control Panel and Add Remove Program does PostgreSQL show up in here.

Is this the version of HM your downloading first http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip and then upgrading to one of the patches http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01p.exe, mayeb youve installed the patch before the main version?

dirtdog55
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
yes, PostgreSQL 8.3 is installed on my computer.

Downloaded program from your link , reinstalled and same thing happens

dirtdog55
08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I Downloaded teamviewer and had Fabio look at the problem, that was five days ago and thus far he has not been able to provide me with a solution.

Is there anything else I can try?

Rvg72
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I Downloaded teamviewer and had Fabio look at the problem, that was five days ago and thus far he has not been able to provide me with a solution.

Is there anything else I can try?

You happen to be running Window XP 64Bit? If so (or even if not) try running dbcontrolpanel.exe manually from the folder.

Roy

dirtdog55
08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I get the same error message when I try to open DBControlPanel from the folder..

I really would like to get this program working if at all possible and I have no idea why I seem to be the only one to ever have this particular problem. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated as well.

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I get the same error message when I try to open DBControlPanel from the folder..

I really would like to get this program working if at all possible and I have no idea why I seem to be the only one to ever have this particular problem. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated as well.

Hi, email me at support@holdemmanager.net and I can login with teamviewer and see if I can get this working for you

Thanks,

Roy

whatgreatis
08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi, email me at support@holdemmanager.net and I can login with teamviewer and see if I can get this working for you

Thanks,

Roy

I am having the exact same problem as the orginal poster. I am running Windows XP on a Dell with intel pentium 4 processor. Was the OP's problem resolved? I've already tried everything suggested in this thread.

dirtdog55
08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
The only way I was able to get the problem resolved is to restore the whole computer to the way it was when i bought it.

I had Roy and others from HEM support log on to teamviewer and view my problem, but they couldn't figure out what was causing it either.

Once I completely restored my Dell the program did work fine, however.

whatgreatis
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
The only way I was able to get the problem resolved is to restore the whole computer to the way it was when i bought it.

I had Roy and others from HEM support log on to teamviewer and view my problem, but they couldn't figure out what was causing it either.

Once I completely restored my Dell the program did work fine, however.

Do you mean doing a system restore?

What steps did you take?

ChexWithRaisins
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Hmmm I just got Holdem Manager and I am getting the same error as original poster.

morny
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
What steps have you tried so far that we mentioned as possible solutions?