PDA

View Full Version : DBControlpanel has stopped working

ddnick
03-13-2009, 12:51 AM
DBControlpanel has stopped working, That is the message I get when I try to open HEM. I had it for 3 months and when I oppened it today I had a lot of problem. It didnt work at first because of this ''Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1' ''. But then the problem got solved on on the forum, but now I have this other problem. I've been working on this all day long and I dont know what to do.

surf2904
03-13-2009, 02:58 AM
I've encountered the same problem. I have tried suggested solutions to this problem from other posts, but nothing has worked. I still get the 'Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1'

ddnick
03-13-2009, 04:56 AM
I also bring back my computer to a restore point I made five days earlier and it changed nothing. So the real problem has to be in the software. I dont know a lot in computers but I cant understand how you can open your computer one day and that a program doesnt work anymore without changing or installing anything. And I still also have the 127.0.0.1 problem on top of this. It was just hidden by the other problem. Im just telling this to ask if there is a possibility that formatting my computer and install everything back would resolve this. Since I dont think so I dont want to do all that job without having any chance of getting a positive result. And Id like to know if HEM support is working on a miracle patch or update so that I wont have to purchase another program. Thanks.

morny
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
We have the fix:

Hi, Microsoft released a patch last night that has caused some issues with
the postgresql service for some people on Vista. The following steps seem to
get around this problem:

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with
notepad

It might look something like this:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

::1 localhost

2: Enter "127.0.0.1 localhost" (without the quotes) at the bottom of the
file
4: Save the file
5: Reboot your PC