PDA

View Full Version : Import exported HM hands

TheBigOne
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
version 1.06.01p

I have 2 databases running. I exported now some hands from the old database. And the tried to import them into my new database. The files are imported really quick. But it does not show, how many hands are imported. And it is really strange, that it finishes a import over 10K hands in less then 5 sec.

crossilius
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
same here.
exported hands from my old database into my new database. new hands didnīt show up.

morny
08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
What process did you use to export the hands? Can you mail me some HH and a link to this thread to morny@holdemmanager.net

TheBigOne
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I did mail you HH this morning. Were you able to check it?

morny
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=817

It completed the 1k sample you sent me pretty quick too and that was 27 h/s, can you run a report and see if the HH went through, i checked on mine and it imported 1k hands for you no problem and to be honest even though it said 27 h/s that would have taken 30 secs but it done it way quicker.

Anyway if the hands didnt go through try moving them to a new folder and importing from there.

TheBigOne
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
ok, I did move it to another folder.

Same result.

Files Imported 1 of 1
Hands Imported:0
uplicate:0
Import Errors: 0

morny
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Since it works fine for me with version P i can only assume something is wrong with your database, please create a new one and try again

TheBigOne
08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
after your reply to the thread

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=715

I did create a new database. Could you explain me, why normal autoimport or handhistory files work???

I could create every day a new database...

Why did everything work without big problems before 1.06? and now it is so hard to get everything running.

morny
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Possibly coincidence, upgrading to a new release wouldnt corrupt a database and certainly wouldnt continue to corrupt. Things like programs freezing or the PC losing power etc might. I know its a pain but corrupt databases happen the odd time which is why its always advisable to backup your database every now and then but since your database wont import and mine does fine i can only assume your database is damaged. I know it shouldnt be corrupting that often never mind twice in a short period and i have never had one since the beta testing days.

What version of postgreSQL are you using, maybe update after backuping your HH and before making a new database and import them and if it happens again get back to us.

TheBigOne
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
ok, version 8.3.1 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

I did create a new database again. With nothing in it. First thing I did is import the file I sent you. Same behaviour.

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi, can you setup www.teamviewer.com and let me login and take a look on Wednesday? E-mail me at support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks,

Roy

Mingmang
08-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Same problem here with version 1.06.01p.

HM is running and working well on my first computer, I am playing on Everest.

I exported all hands from HM (CashGames/Hands/select some hands and 'Export selected hands to hard drive') on my first computer and tried to import them on the second. I had to manually select some of them to avoid an 'OutOfMemory' error for 'Export all hand to hard drive' (I have 4GB of memory).

All files processed -> 0 hand imported. It's very fast of course, because nothing is done.

- I tried to create a new database -> same behaviour
- I tried to change folder for the files -> same behaviour
- I tried to rename the files -> same

Any idea ?
(cannot set up teamviewer, the 2nd computer is at work)

Mingmang
08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
FOUND THE BUG !

Exported hands have extra \r\n at the end of EACH hand. Just remove them and it works.

Just export 1 hand in version 1.06.01p (Everest one, don't know if it's site specific) -> try to import it -> 0 hand imported.
Remove the 2 extras \r\n at the end of the file -> try to import it -> 1 hand imported 1 hand duplicated.

TheBigOne
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Roy,

I am not at home today. Or can you confirm the bug/solution MingMang mentioned?

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
FOUND THE BUG !

Exported hands have extra \r\n at the end of EACH hand. Just remove them and it works.

Just export 1 hand in version 1.06.01p (Everest one, don't know if it's site specific) -> try to import it -> 0 hand imported.
Remove the 2 extras \r\n at the end of the file -> try to import it -> 1 hand imported 1 hand duplicated.

Hi, thanks for finding this - I thought I already corrected this for all sites. Will check this and get it fixed.

EDIT: Yes, I did fix this for Everest but I think it may have been fixed right after releasing "p" I guess since you tried with p. I'll be getting this build out tonight.

TheBigOne, are you using Everest as well or a different site?

Roy

TheBigOne
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, I am using Everest.