PDA

View Full Version : backup/restore

spotbr
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Had problems to restore a backup file. The backup wizard stops working after I choose the file to load
Read at the FAQs that the problem can be my operating system language (portuguese).

What can I do now?
A friend suggested me to create a "Program Files" file, install the Postgres there to simulate an English operating system
Does it work?

What are the other options I have except installing an English Windows?

Patvs
05-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Run a Backup / Restore in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

spotbr
05-25-2011, 07:36 PM
thank you for the reply
but I lost my hd, cant run the backup through pgadmin
I can recover the files, is there any way to use the files?

thats my last bullet, just thought about re-importing all the txt files back and input manually loads of infos like prizes and field sizes for mtts like I did last time, but my files are all zipped and to unzip them I have to rename them all because the names are too big and windows cant do it

Patvs
05-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Did you create the backup file when you were using a differrent version of PostgreSQL you are now?
(backup created with SQL 8.3....., yet you're now using SQL 8.4)
SQL 8.3, 8.4, 9.0 are not compatible with each other.

You'll have to use the same SQL version the backup was created in, to be able to restore it.

---

Also possible is there was a corruption in the database you backuped.
In that case try to reimport all the original handhistories into a new database.

On which pokersite did you play most of these hands/games?
You can request all MTT summaries from PokerStars

spotbr
05-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I will double check the PostgreSQL versions, but I think Im using the same one
About the database, Im sure its not corrupted, I've already had one and when I was creating the backup file, I didnt have any problems

Creating a new database is my last option
I thought about it for a while, and tried to unzip some of my txt files, but their names are too big and I have to rename them all to unzip and re-import them

Is there any way I can make use of the PostgreSQL files from the old hd and save my own life lol?

netsrak
05-26-2011, 03:54 AM
You can try to copy the data folder from the old computer.
If you install the same postgresql version on the new one you should be able to use it again following this FAQ: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database