PDA

View Full Version : HUD configuration won't amend

buffybegood
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I posted this in the general HEM bit, without realising there is a separate section for HUD issues.

Initially I had no problems playing around with the HUD template, but suddenly any changes I make to the configuration refuse to appear on the HUD, although curiously the modified format appears when I use the playback feature. This is only happened since the postgres issues a couple of days ago; could it be related, or, in following the various instructions to try to get postgres to work before you guys came up with a fix, could I have done something to affect the HUD?

crocogiles
03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Same here ????

morny
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

buffybegood
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

LOL, you must be kidding, not a hope in hell I'll manage that. Can I have it in English please?

buffybegood
03-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Amazingly I have managed steps 1-8 so far.

I can modify the format of the HUD OK now; it's working as it did originally.

There is a problem though; the stats for 1 player at the table are missing. I was playing on FT and sat down in seat 5 (although in actual fact, as I tried it on 2 different tables, I was sat once in seat seven and once in seat 4, if that makes sense), and the stats for the player 2 to my left (seat 7 to my seat 5), were missing. Again, curiously, they were there if I looked at a hand using playback.

This is even less helpful :(, as I really need the stats for someone I'm likely to be stealing from.

crocogiles
03-13-2009, 07:04 AM
I have now completed steps 1-8 however I am now not seeing any Hud stats at all.?

morny
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Amazingly I have managed steps 1-8 so far.

I can modify the format of the HUD OK now; it's working as it did originally.

There is a problem though; the stats for 1 player at the table are missing. I was playing on FT and sat down in seat 5 (although in actual fact, as I tried it on 2 different tables, I was sat once in seat seven and once in seat 4, if that makes sense), and the stats for the player 2 to my left (seat 7 to my seat 5), were missing. Again, curiously, they were there if I looked at a hand using playback.

This is even less helpful :(, as I really need the stats for someone I'm likely to be stealing from.

Can you move all the stats by right clicking and dragging them to make sure that the stat box isnt covering another one. If your still having issues please email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session

I have now completed steps 1-8 however I am now not seeing any Hud stats at all.?

Can you answer all these questions please http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

buffybegood
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I've already moved all the stats around, the missing ones definitely aren't hiding anywhere. Email sent.

Mike chops
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
try deleting the config\posprefs.txt file. HEM should write the default ones when it sees the file isn't present.

crocogiles
03-15-2009, 05:49 AM

4) Reboot your computer

I can now see my HUD stats again however the original problem was that I could not change the HUD to a new config other than default.

It allows me to Name a new config and it lets me save the display options however when I set the new config in the dropdown box and press apply and then OK it always reverts back to the default setting on the tables. When I go back in it has also reverted back to the default config in the drop down box.

I am still on step 8 on from the above instructions and am using version 1.08 beta 17 on full tilt and party.

morny
03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

buffybegood
03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Many thanks for the teamviewer session, sorry I was such a muppet.

However, a few other problems have since arisen. Firstly, after everything had been running OK, I lost the pop up stats that appear when you click on a player's stats actually in the HUD. I did wonder if this was because I had yet to complete steps 9 and 10, so I finally did steps 9 and 10 and now I'm back to square 1; unable to amend the HUD at all. Do I have to redo steps 1-8 again? If so, do I then have to do 9 and 10 again, as that has just duplicated the original problem? If not, what is the permanent solution?

buffybegood
03-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry to have to, but

*bump*

I copied back the config file that I was going to replace with the original one (does that make sense) seeing as the original config file wasn't allowing the right HUD configuration, and now I have the HUD configuration that I want, but I'm still unable to get the pop up boxes with extra stats when hovering/clicking on a stat.

Is it back to square 1? Should I have just replaced the new config file with the original one that I copied (at step 9), or done some thing different? I simply drag and dropped the new config file to another folder completely separate, and drag and dropped the original config file back into Holdem Manager. Should that have worked? Sorry to appear dense yet again, but I'm not really used to doing this sort of thing.

morny
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Email me again and ill have a look