PDA

View Full Version : HEM doesn't start

A_Pete
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
HEM does not start anymore. I used it like 4 days ago and it worked totally fine. Now I double-click the shortcut or holdemmanager.exe in my HEM folder and nothing happens. No popup whatsoever. I don't want to lose all my notes and stuff like this. Does anybody have an idea what I can do to save my notes, since I cannot open HEM any more?

Thanks

morny
03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14

Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

A_Pete
03-15-2009, 09:06 AM
The link for reinstalling .net framework didn't work for me. I did all the steps below and still everything is the same so I think that the .net framework has something to do with it. What should I do now? Just look for the newest .net framework update? Because I don't know how to deinstall it.

Thanks

morny
03-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

Sorry i fixed the link now

A_Pete
03-16-2009, 06:04 AM
I reinstalled the newest .net framework and still nothing happens. This is so frustrating.

A_Pete
03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
When I go to Control Panel under problem protocolls and solutions (sorry don't know if thats what it is called in english; I have german vista) it shows that PostgreSQL is not working since a somewhat longer time. This might have something to do with it. What could I do about that?

Edit: DBcontrolpanel.exe and hmhud.exe can be opened. Just the holdemmanager.exe doesn't do anything. But I reinstalled it. "run as administrator" is selected and UAC is deactivated.

morny
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Can you try reinstalling postgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177 and then try and start the program and then go to Start > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Log > Windows Logs > Application and look for the error for PostgreSQL or any other programs that coincide with time you tried to start it, please post any errors there

A_Pete
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I already reinstalled postgresql the way it is described in the faq. I can see some lists where there are tons of errors, but don't know what this all means. I am going to take some screenshots for you. I know it is in german, but I don't know how to describe in english either. I'm sorry. Hope you can find out something by looking at the applications. "Fehler" means "error", "Warnung" means "warning" and "Information" is self explaining.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3432/hem1.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2717/hem2.jpg

morny
03-16-2009, 09:05 PM
What errors correspond to the time you tried to start HM, start it then copy and paste the details into this thread for each error that shows when you start HM, if you can translate as much as possible too as i know very little german

A_Pete
03-17-2009, 07:08 AM
I double clicked it at 11:31 and the things that show up at 11:31 are the following:

Under 'Windows Protocols -> Applications' this exact thing shows up three times also at the exact same time (11:31:33):

Layer: Information
Date and Time: 03/17/09 11:31:33
Source: MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT
Event-ID: 2803
Task-category: (2)

Description:
General: SQL Server has found 9 clearances for the 'Bound-Trees'-cache-memory (element of the plan-cache), which were released by database servicing or new configuration processes.
Details:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">2803</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>2</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-17T10:37:16.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>627641</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Andreas-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>9</Data>
<Data>Bound Trees</Data>
<Binary>F30A00000A0000001900000041004E00440052004500410053 002D00500043005C004100550054004F004400450053004B00 5600410055004C0054000000070000006D0061007300740065 0072000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Or in XML:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4043/xmlzeuch.jpg

Under 'Administrative Events' the following warning came up at 11:31 and also two minutes later when I didn't start HEM, so I don't think it has something to do with my problem, because it says something about my printer which is basically just turned off at the moment. I will post it anyways:

Layer: Warning
Date and Time: 03/17/09 11:31:19
Source: SpoolerWin32SPL
Event-ID: 4
Task-category: None

Description:
General: The printer-spooler could not open an available connection to the printer again, because it could not read the configuration information in the registry-key S-1-5-18 \Printers\Connections . It is possible that the registry-key is damaged or missing or that this registry-key is not available anymore.
Details:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerWin32SPL" Guid="{13E8B4F7-4D1C-4F65-95A2-39C6B26A3012}" EventSourceName="Client Side Rendering Spooler" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-17T10:31:19.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>67106</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Andreas-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="param1">S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Or in XML:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4043/xmlzeuch.jpg

That's all that shows up at 11:31 when I opened HEM.

Also when I open the DBcontrolpanel.exe and try to connect, it says what I read of a few other guys in this forum here: "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?" I click yes, HEM says it has started the service. I click "Ok", click "connect" and it has connected to my database so that I can change which database I want as my default and change names of the databases and so on. I then click "start Holdem Manager", my firewall asks me if DBControlPanel.exe is allowed to connect to HoldemManager.exe. I click "Always Allow" and then it is like I would click the HoldemManager.exe itself: The cursor shows for a few seconds that it is loading something and then it closes the DB Control Panel.

morny
03-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Ok since youve reinstalled HM, .net and postgreSQL i cant really think of anything else to try, usually when you see this kind of thing its related to a system file being damaged, i dont say that because i know which one is damaged i say it because anyone that has these issues i usually get them to do a windows repair with their restore disk and it usually solves the problem so since the repair only reinstalls the system files etc it looks likely thats the problem.

So either try that or post in the PostgreSQL forums and see if they can help

A_Pete
03-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah but when I do a reinstall, everything on my C: partition will be deleted (that's what it said when I started the windows reinstall with my recovery disk of the company where my computer is from) and installing all the things that are on my C: partition again will be a lot of work for only one single file on my whole computer that doesn't work. I didn't have a problem with any other file on my computer except these holdemmanager.exe . Deleting everything else because of that file doesn't make that much sense to me.

Isn't there anything we could do? I saw you offered someone a teamviewer session so that you would see what is really happening on his monitor. Could this help you solve the problem here?

Also did other people have the exact same problem that I have?

morny
03-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I can have a look via teamviewer if youd like, but ill be only repeating exactly what youve done, uninstall postgreSQL, .net and HM which as long as you did it already wont have any effect, ive seen this a good bit and the only soltution was the restore option, thats a full reinstall you tried to do, theres also a restore option that dosent require formatting and dosent take too long, if you google it or ask on a PC forum they should be able to help you, depends on your OS so just let them know your details

jakob101
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
exactly the same problem!!! HELP PLS!!!

morny
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Did you follow all the steps in the thread?

If so try the restore option like i mentioned in the post above

A_Pete
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow... I did a Windows Vista reinstall (everything on my system was deleted and the only things that are installed now is my virus scanner and my firewall together with everest poker, postgresql and hem) and it is still the same problem. I try to start holdemmanager.exe and nothing happens. I exactly followed all the steps in the FAQs. What in the world is going on here??

I am really upset, because I invested another 6 hours into this.

I cannnot click "run as administrator" when I look at the properties of holdemmanager.exe. The field is greyed out. But my User account is the only account and also marked as administrator, so no idea why I cannot click this field.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the new framework .net 3.5 update? Because it seems like since windows updated this I cannot use HEM anymore.

wilee
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Found a fix:
1)Delete/uninstall everything postgres/ HM and delete the folders to.
2)If you have PT3 installed delete/uninstall all of that
3) turn off user control
4) restart your computer
5) install PT3 and let it install postgres for you ( take note of the password or change it)
6) install HM and update it to the newest file
7) restart your computer
8) start HM and enter your serial
9) Its working again :)

**This worked for me but i lost my database find the databse file and back it up before you do this. **

A_Pete
03-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't have PT3 to install postgreSQL with it. And I did this reinstalling around 5 times now and still nothing working.

I made a damn reinstall of my whole system and nothing is working. How does that make sense?

wilee
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
download PT3 and get it to install postgres you dont have to buy it the trial fixes it

A_Pete
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for your help wilee, but this doesn't work for me. Did exactly what you described and still when I double-click or hit the enter button on holdemmanager.exe, the cursor is showing the "loading" animation for a few seconds and then nothing happens. But I am going to use PT3 now as long as HEM is not working. So thank you again.

Edit: PT3 trial works btw. So no problem with postgreSQL I guess?

morny
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net