PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1

Ozarrus
03-12-2009, 04:20 AM
I did try the FAQ prior to posting this.

HMHUD.exe and HoldemManager.exe and DBControlPanel is running as administrator.

Im using windowns vista, my UAC is disabled.

PostgreSQl is started.

What else can i do?? Everything has been working for 2 Months and now is the first time i have problems.

Just a weird thing that recently happend to my computer, the " Run as administrator " has been greyed out. But im still able to change it using the registry.

EDIT:

My windows firewall has been disabled, and all my other firewall / anti virus software, i also deleted that postmaster.pid file.

stil doesnt work.

Thanks..

Ozarrus
03-12-2009, 05:12 AM
This worked for me, sorry did not see the other thread.

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with notepad
2: Delete existing text
3: Enter "127.0.0.1 localhost"
4: Save the file
5: Restart PostgreSQL service

Thanks for the quick fix

guitey
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Ive got same problem, it has worked fine since I got it, but this morning I cant get it to work. I tried what you said and it still happening.

dzomba
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Just to add: I've got the same problem yesterday, im running vista 64. Maybe problem occured when an auto update for windows got installed.

edit: i edited the file and restarted the computer (i don't know how to restart just the postgres) and it works now.

guitey
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes this also happened to me after windows automatically installed updates. I will restart my comp now and try that.

guitey
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Ive installed the new beta version and have restarted, now I am getting the holdem manager screen to come up. But when I click auto import hands it isnt importing anything.

Ozarrus
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
i get new error when i open HM.

Unable to read date from transport connection. An exciting connection was forcebly closed by remote host.

And then im back at the "Connect screen" where it wont ever connect.... and get same error just with more info.

grog
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
This is infuriating. I've tried practically everything in every thread in every FAQ. 3 hours of my life later, still:

"Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Why would it just suddenly stop working after working fine for 6 months??

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

guitey
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
This is infuriating. I've tried practically everything in every thread in every FAQ. 3 hours of my life later, still:

"Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Why would it just suddenly stop working after working fine for 6 months??

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Have you tried editing the file that OP stated? And then restarted your comp? That worked for me.

drsmooth
03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with notepad

just to clarify:
delete ALL the text in the file?
What do you mean by 'restart postresql service'? restart it how?

thank you

guitey
03-12-2009, 02:50 PM

just to clarify:
delete ALL the text in the file?
What do you mean by 'restart postresql service'? restart it how?

thank you

Yep, i deleted all the text. And to restart I just restarted my computer and it worked.

PBJaxx
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
That fix worked for me. Started happening after that windows update too. I deleted the text that wasn't comments (anything not on a line with a # sign) and replaced it. Then I restarted the postgres service. Thanks

drsmooth
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
er... I'm now posting from my friend's computer because my other is messed up

I did everythine suggested, restarted and now it freezes at the log in screen. I enter my password and it just freezes. I retried a couple of times and then just left it, it has been logging in for about 30 minutes now

Any suggestions? Even just how to get back to my desktop and actually log in...

Clairvoyant
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Any ideas on how to give yourself access to saving the file in system32, vista won't give permission to alter the file.

uddudd
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I have done the thing with Windows/.../drivers... and made the change in the file and it wont work (have restarted comp many times and installed postgres again without uninstall)

UIA is off (or what its name was)

HMversion 1.07

message when I start HM?
"failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1"

advice????

dzomba
03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I only had 1 line of meaningful text there. Other were instructions and comments.

morny
03-12-2009, 06:45 PM
er... I'm now posting from my friend's computer because my other is messed up

I did everythine suggested, restarted and now it freezes at the log in screen. I enter my password and it just freezes. I retried a couple of times and then just left it, it has been logging in for about 30 minutes now

Any suggestions? Even just how to get back to my desktop and actually log in...

That sounds like an unrelated issue, theres nothing in the hosts file that would cause it to lag like this. Maybe try posting on one of the PC forums

Any ideas on how to give yourself access to saving the file in system32, vista won't give permission to alter the file.

Disable UAC and reboot

I have done the thing with Windows/.../drivers... and made the change in the file and it wont work (have restarted comp many times and installed postgres again without uninstall)

UIA is off (or what its name was)

HMversion 1.07

message when I start HM?
"failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1"

advice????

Anyone having issues can you please do the following and let me know what the error is:

Try and start the postgreSQL service:
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Then scroll To PostgreSQL Database Server and make sure it’s started and if not Right click PostgreSQL Database Server and choose start

Most likely this will give an error like:
The postgreSQL Database service started then stopped, Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do...

When you get the error do the following:
Go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications and in there for the time corresponding to the time you got the error starting the service you should see a postgreSQL error, copy and paste the details of the error into this thread

Lastly you do not need to delete all the text in that file, its fine if you do but you dont need to but make sure the following lines are in it:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

drsmooth
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
That sounds like an unrelated issue, theres nothing in the hosts file that would cause it to lag like this. Maybe try posting on one of the PC forums

pretty shitty coincidence then! Damn. Thanks for the help, I'll try the microsoft forum or something

uddudd
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
It says:

%t FATALT: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": ""

morny
03-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data and delete the postmaster.pid file if there is one there.

If there isnt or it dosent work then please reinstall PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177