PDA

View Full Version : What stats to use on HUD?

LessonsRExtra
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I am brand new to Hold'em Manager, and I've looked for posts on what people think are good stats to put into one's HUD, but haven't come across any.

Could someone please tell me what HUD stats would be good for both 6Max and Full Ring (and Heads Up also, but I don't need that as much)?

Also, what other things should one know about using HM?

I've read that it's a great program for tracking one's play, and I've read through the FAQ, but there doesn't seem to be much information on how to get started with it other than the very basics of how to set up the software.

Thanks for any help that you may give.

Al1
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=4166

And read HM's articles.

LessonsRExtra
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks, I've alread looked at that.

Which of the ~140 posts in that thread would you recommend?

Al1
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
The first one, that's just my HUD layout. Choose the nlsixmax9jan.

el_grande
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I based my HUD off of Al1's HUD. Definitely recommend it.

LessonsRExtra
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks. When I imported the layout, it gave me a message that it couldn't find some "Perso..." file. I see on the HUD-->Player Preferences page that VPIP has a popup selected called "PersoPreflop." Is that the same thing and does that mean that HM now has whatever it thought that it was missing? I haven't tried it out yet, and hope that it works, but if not, I'll soon be back w/more Questions. Thanks for your help.

Al1
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks. When I imported the layout, it gave me a message that it couldn't find some "Perso..." file. I see on the HUD-->Player Preferences page that VPIP has a popup selected called "PersoPreflop." Is that the same thing and does that mean that HM now has whatever it thought that it was missing? I haven't tried it out yet, and hope that it works, but if not, I'll soon be back w/more Questions. Thanks for your help.

It seems that when you import this file, the popup for VPIP is not associated. Just do it yourself by selecting the PersoPreflop popup for the VPIP stat!

LessonsRExtra
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I think that we're talking about the same thing, but the VPIP stat *already* has the "PersoPreflop" Popup associated with it, so I guess that HM imported it correctly? (I have no idea why it gave me that message that some file was missing.)

More frustrating is that I can't determine why my HUD isn't working.

I've started going through the FAQ ID #2 http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=2 and have checked the location that I set for my auto-import folders, but all seems to be in order and the Players tab on HM shows that I now have players in my new HM database that weren't there before.

I thought that the HUD was supposed to take only a few hands before the stats would show up, but I've played several rounds and HM's Players tab says that I now have 13 players in my db.

I'm sure that things will start running smoothly once I get it tweaked right, but I have no idea what's wrong and guess that I'll just keep working my way through that FAQ and keep checking back here.

Thanks for any help with this.

Al1
03-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Can you answer those questions:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

LessonsRExtra
03-18-2009, 04:22 AM
A1,

Thanks for giving me that link.

The answers to the questions are:

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

HM says on the title bar that I'm using v1.07.

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

I am playing Full Tilt pretty much exclusively, except for the big donkaments on Stars on Sundays, but I haven't tried to import any hands from there yet.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes, I clicked the auto-import button.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

I have followed FAQ ID #142 for configuring HM to work with FT, the hand histories are saving to the appropriate folder, and they are apparently being imported since the folder HMArchive now has files in it and HM says that there are now players in my brand new DataBase.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

I didn't check the folder while HM was importing the HHs, but as I mentioned above, my new DB has players in it, and the HMArchive folder now has HH files in it, so I can only assume that the HHs were there temporarily during the import.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

Yes.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

It's a brand new installation, so I assume the answer to this is yes.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

No, I thought that the stats were supposed to pop up after a few hands or I would have done something with this. Where is it so I can see what's up with it?

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

I use Windows XP Pro.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

Not unless it was installed when I installed HM. This is the first that I've heard of it.

Al1
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Table Finder: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54