PDA

View Full Version : Those light 3-bettors - who are they?

Zav
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
What is the best way to find out who is 3-betting me light?

Al1
03-11-2009, 04:42 PM
They have a higher 3bet% stat than the average.
You need to have a good sample of hand before putting too much importance to this stat, unless you are against a maniac or a nit.
There is a great HM's article about that. Read it.

Zav
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay, of course the 3B% stat is an indicator of how inclined a player is to 3bet in general. But I want to go further than that. I steal a lot and need to know who is adjusting and who is not. An opponent with a standard 3B% of 3 or so might be 3betting me 20% of the time when I try a steal.

I've been fiddling around with the "Vs player" options, and will figure it out eventually, but I'm sure someone knows the solution.

One weird result I'm getting atm is that when I state that the amount won/lost against opponent A >= $1, HEM will include hands where that opponent was in the small blind ($0.5) and folded to my steal.

Al1
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Okay, of course the 3B% stat is an indicator of how inclined a player is to 3bet in general. But I want to go further than that. I steal a lot and need to know who is adjusting and who is not. An opponent with a standard 3B% of 3 or so might be 3betting me 20% of the time when I try a steal.

I've been fiddling around with the "Vs player" options, and will figure it out eventually, but I'm sure someone knows the solution.

One weird result I'm getting atm is that when I state that the amount won/lost against opponent A >= $1, HEM will include hands where that opponent was in the small blind ($0.5) and folded to my steal.

You can find in the HUD or Manager how SB/BB react against a steal.

What are your filters for the other issue.

Zav
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Again those stats just tell me my opponent's general tendency, not how he adjusts against me. I have 100K+ hands against many other regs so I'm interested in how often they are reraising me, not some Average Joe.

As for the filters (using the Report tab):

* Vs Opponent A (Only include hands where you won/lost at least $1 against opponent A)
* Unopened
* CO, BU, SB
* VPIP = True

(Edit: every time I edit the filter, the amount won/lost vs opponent A has been reset to $0 - maybe some bug here?)

Zav
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
What I also find a little odd is that when I enter these filters in the "vs Players" tab, the wins/losses column is fine, but the hands shown on the bottom half of the screen have not been filtered.

(BTW in this tab the hands with my opponent in the small blind losing less than $1 are not shown, but that's to be expected since I can enter the $1 threshold seperately there)

Al1
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Just add the stat: "BB reraise steal"

Display villain stats and choose in "Filter" vs "you"

Not sure it will do the trick.