PDA

View Full Version : Weird stuff happening with my HEMs

pjlworld
05-22-2011, 07:31 PM
There are some peculiar things happening between my two computers and HEM. Let me explain:

I have both my PC and laptop which I use for playing poker. Both programs are legit and share the same version (1.11.05e). I don't play much poker on laptop, but when I do, I group up the newly played HHs, rar it, then send it to myself via email. I then retrieve it on my PC, and import them so that I'm not missing any hands on my PC.

1) Laptop: HEM reports different values of money up or down

So, while playing on my laptop, I noticed something weird I've never seen on my PC; where my HUD icon was reporting a different value than what my HEM session reports were stating. It was total of ~40bb in difference, and while it was peculiar, it didn't strike me as anything to make a big fuss about. I didn't check if there were any differences in number of hands played at the time.

2) PC HEM reports different values than Laptop HEM

When I finished importing my laptop hands into PC, the reported values of money won was also different from my laptop. This time, much bigger in difference, roughly ~200bb worth. I'm not by my PC right now to check if there are difference in number of hands played, but I will get to it once I'm near my PC again.

And while I cannot be sure until I check again, I don't understand this anomaly at all. You see, the hands that were imported to my PC were from the directories of C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory on my laptop. There couldn't be any hands that got mixed up to skew the results on my PC because well, that day was the first time I've ever played on FTP on my laptop. And there are only 4 text files in the said directory, all which were from one session that I played that very day where I 4-tabled for approximately 100minutes.

So it's definitely strange that both the laptop:HEM and pc:HEM are reporting different values of money won in such drastic differences. But again, I will check to see if there are any differences in hands played for PC and laptop.

3) Weird HH import

I frequently use LiquidPoker.net to import hands to discuss about poker. Well, you can see this for yourself and correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I don't understand this fully: LiquidPoker - Show hand : 907278 (http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/907278)

There are also some occurrences where I wish to import the hands with stats, and it simply won't display the stats. Why does this happen and how could i go on about fixing it?

Patvs
05-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Move the C:/HMArchive folder from computer A to computer B (and vice versa)
And run a "import from folder" on it.

---

If the results then are still different on both computers.
Create a new empty database (on both computers) and reimport the C:/HMArchive folder.

---

There are also some occurrences where I wish to import the hands with stats, and it simply won't display the stats. Why does this happen and how could i go on about fixing it?

You mean you're exporting a hand with stats, and it won't display the stats?
Try exporting the hand after you've upgraded to 1.11.06g.

It's not possible for HoldemManager to import such handhistories that include stats.

pjlworld
05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
There were definitely some hands missing in PC:HEM compared to LAPTOP:HEM. So, that's that. As for the exporting, ...yes, it was exporting, hahahah. I'll def try again once I update, thanks.

On a separate note, did you check the HH and read my comments of the hand? I think it displays something wrong. But it's much well explained in that HH that I had linked. I might have misunderstood it, please correct me if I have.

Patvs
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
You'll have to find the original handhistory. (in its original Full Tilt formatting)
So I can check if exporting a hand with stats screws up the formatting.