PDA

View Full Version : HUD not working properly

macaunoob
05-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi, I have been using HEM HUD for couple yrs now, and this problem only occurred recently. I switched from playing FR to 6max cash games, so I was playing with the HUD options to accommodate the new tables. I am not sure what options I selected or unselected that's causing my problem.

When I tile many tables, HUD only appears on one of the tables.

After I select "Force on Top", then "Active Table Only", I get HUD on every
table, but when tables are cycling through, the HUD would flicker nonstop. This causes a pretty bad strain on the eye in a short period of time.

I used to MMT on both PS and FT simultaneously about a month ago, and I would tile the tables as well. I never noticed any flickering before.
I remember the HUD weren't "moving" when a new table cycles to the top.

I have updated to 1.11.06g
I am using XP Pro Service pack 3, Norton Internet Security(with its firewall)

I use PrintWindow as my Screen scrape method.

Please let me know what I can do to solve this problem.
Thanks for your help.

fozzy71
05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
You told me what sites you used to play on, but not what site the problem now happens on. :confused:

What site does this happen on?

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Update your graphics drivers - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/HowToUpdateYourGraphicsCardDriver

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel.
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

That is all the security I have on both of my personal computers (that are online 24/7) for the past 18 months.

AVG Free AntiVirus or Avira Free Antivirus are good options, but their 'internet security' bundles/suites are not.

If you feel the need to pay for security I would suggest ESET NOD or Kaspersky.

If none of that helps, please send us some log files.

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config and prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager and prefs. Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."

Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.

Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.

Attach this file

macaunoob
05-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry, problem occurs @ Stars 6max cash game tables.
Thanks

Patvs
05-23-2011, 02:15 AM
I get HUD on every
table, but when tables are cycling through, the HUD would flicker nonstop.

Are you tiling tables.. or stacking tables?

Turn off live tracking for Full Tilt/PokerStars.
Do all the things fozzy suggested (update videocard driver, set exceptions for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to the Norton Firewall, run a manual Windows update and install all updates (especially the .net framework updates)

macaunoob
05-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I would like to apologize to fozzy71 and Patvs.
English isn't my first language, and I apparently confused the meaning of "stack" and "tile".
My problem occurs when I STACK all my tables.

I have done everything you guys suggested, except switching my anti-virus provider.
I just paid for another year of subscription last month, so I do not wish to change that.
However, I did set exceptions to the Norton Firewall as Patvs suggested.

I wish to emphasize there were no problems using the same computer setup before May.
So I am wondering if it has something to do with the settings I chose in holdem manager.

Are there any other settings I should possibly change in holdem manager?

Thanks for your help.

fozzy71
05-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I would like to apologize to fozzy71 and Patvs.
English isn't my first language, and I apparently confused the meaning of "stack" and "tile".
My problem occurs when I STACK all my tables.

I have done everything you guys suggested, except switching my anti-virus provider.
I just paid for another year of subscription last month, so I do not wish to change that.
However, I did set exceptions to the Norton Firewall as Patvs suggested.

I realize you just paid for it, but it would not cost you anything to temporarily remove/replace it using my instructions above to be sure it is not the cause.

Are there any other settings I should possibly change in holdem manager?

Thanks for your help.

For pokerstars you should not need to use force on top, so likely something is configured wrong or one of your config files is corrupt.

1) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
2) Close HM and the Table Manager.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, pospref2.txt, pospref4.txt, default.txt, and exenames.txt
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

If you are still unable to get it working Please email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 13:00 - 22:00 GMT, 7 days a week.

macaunoob
05-27-2011, 03:53 AM
Deleting the Prefs files worked.
Thanks a lot for your help!

fozzy71
05-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you for letting me know which solution worked, so it will help me solve the problem better in the future for other users.