PDA

View Full Version : Total mess with HM

Drazzic
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Well because I was trying to fix the error this morning when I couldnt connect to the database, I tried a lot of stuff of this site but it only went from bad to worse.

I use a system restore with totally ruined my windows (all settings gone and a lot of stuff isn't working anymore)

Well when I start HM now I get this message:

Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime

This application has encoutered an error: 0x80004005, with the following description:

Unspecified error

Please contact eh publisher of this application for more information.

I found a similar thread saying to reinstall all the stuff so I did but still this message is coming.. damn what's going on, anyone knows how to get my settings back of this morning?
System restor seems to be only messing around.

Holdem Manager Training
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I believe there is an option to "undo" your last change with system restore in Vista. When you chose to do a restore, it makes a restore point right then and there before it does anything so you should be able to go forward to that restore point.

Drazzic
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe there is an option to "undo" your last change with system restore in Vista. When you chose to do a restore, it makes a restore point right then and there before it does anything so you should be able to go forward to that restore point.

Yeah that's right but I already did several system restores today to fix it so I can't do that anymore. I need now to fix this error :(

Al1
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Try to reinstall HM.

1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

Drazzic
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
How can I export the HUD options when I cannot open HM? Is there any other way to do this?

Al1
03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
How can I export the HUD options when I cannot open HM? Is there any other way to do this?

You can recover your HUD later, it is also in the Config folder you have backuped.

Drazzic
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
To bad at step 8 (after update)

I get still the message: Xenocode Virtual Appliace Runtime etc... so nothing really changed... pfff I dont have any ideas anymore I guess I tried like everything.. any more ideas?

Al1
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
To bad at step 8 (after update)

I get still the message: Xenocode Virtual Appliace Runtime etc... so nothing really changed... pfff I dont have any ideas anymore I guess I tried like everything.. any more ideas?

Uninstall/Reinstall .net framework: www.microsoft.com

If it persists: uninstall/reinstall postgreSQL too: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/

Drazzic
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I already tried that today and I just retried it but still the same message. It's really frustrating. Thanks already for you fast replies, to bad it didn't work for me so far.

I did re-install everything but still it stays the same.

First I had the error of not connection to the postgresql what most people had today using Vista. I tried to fix it to use a system restore, but after that I do get the error I mentioned above and it won't go away :(

Any more things I could try?

Drazzic
03-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Tried it once more, installing .NET again, postgreSQL and HM + update but still the same fucking error :( I dont know what to do anymore pfff

Rvg72
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
We'll fix with teamviewer - I have your email and we will setup a time

Roy