PDA

View Full Version : Import very very long :(

ToMz
05-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I just bought HEM (small stakes version) and wanted to export/import my PT3 database..

My export files directory is like 1.30GB

I'm using Win7, 2.20Ghz dual core processor, 4GB RAM..

I have started the import like 6 hours ago, i expected it to be finished when i woke up..

http://imageshack.us/m/822/7318/hemimport.jpg

How could this just be real ? :confused:

I just paid $50 and I'm not gonna be able to play before 5 days ? :confused:

I already checked out your "Top 10: HEM performance increase tips" thread.

What can I do more ? Knowing that I'm supposed to be playing tonight..

There is the SCOOP on ps and I obviously can't take a 5 days break. :(

ToMz
05-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Up ! :'(

http://imageshack.us/m/26/1371/unrealmd.jpg

I don't undertand, can someone plz tell how it could takes 6 days long to import a 1.30GB directory containing only .txt files ?

Patvs
05-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Of the top 10 performance tips thread: did you edit the postgresql.conf file and reboot?

---

If you have a slow harddisk... the import can take a long time.
Is this a laptop?

Do you have a friend with a faster computer with a SSD harddisk? He can import the hands in 2 hours. Let him import them for you and sent you a .backup of the database.

If you restore the .backup in pgadminIII it'll be faster than importing for 5 days.

ToMz
05-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi :)

My import has finished in the night.

I did turn off antivir, apparently that was the reason why it has been slowing things down..

Thanks a lot for your support. ;)