PDA

View Full Version : HEM Stops Working Suddenly

graha0011
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I was using my HEM normally today (I made a few changes to my HUD configuration, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary) and after a restart of my machine I started getting the "Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" message.

I have tried ALL of the remedies for Vista users in the current FAQ, including uninstalling and successfully reinstalling postgresql 8.3.6., to no avail. Are there any other potential remedies I can try? I can't seem to find anything relevant in the postgre documentation.

Thanks in advance.

I just want to reiterate that I've tried all of the Windows Defender and Firewall access remedies that are suggested in the various FAQs online.

Also, if I'm willing to risk losing my current database, is there a way to reinstall everything from scratch? (I've reinstalled both HEM and Postgre - but I'm still trying to connect to the existing DB)

ThePassivePony
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I have the exact same problem (and have had it before)

The problem is that this time i can't seem to find any Postgre problem (which caused this error the last time), as the service starts automaticly, and i can stop/start it again without any problem.

graha0011
03-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I have the exact same problem (and have had it before)

The problem is that this time i can't seem to find any Postgre problem (which caused this error the last time), as the service starts automaticly, and i can stop/start it again without any problem.

This sound like what I am experiencing - My Postgre is starting up automatically and has always been running when I've checked - still I've tried all the start/stop restart steps suggested in the various FAQs.

ThePassivePony
03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Hmm, just used some time looking more into this, and it might be af PostgreSQL error after all. It's not only HEM that can't connect, i can't connect to the server through pgAdmin 3 either.

Any suggestions to what might cause this?

srz
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm (probably) experiencing the same problem. HEM has been working before, but today I came back from 3 days holiday and I cannot start it anymore! As far as I know, nothing has changed in my computer. Weird.

graha0011
03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Hmm, just used some time looking more into this, and it might be af PostgreSQL error after all. It's not only HEM that can't connect, i can't connect to the server through pgAdmin 3 either.

Any suggestions to what might cause this?

Thanks for the suggestion for more research... if I figure anything out obviously I'll share.

srz
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
My previous message wasn't very clear, here's some more info.

I removed F-Secure, disabled Windows firewall & defender, uninstalled Postgre & reinstalled it (newest), etc., just as suggested in http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171 . Doesnt' work: "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1.'. I've had a similar problem before, but then the solution was to "stop server" & "start server". Now it doesn't work.

morny
03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Following that FAQ almost always solves that issue, the thing is people regularly skip or half do steps and then it dosent work. It dosent look like you skipped any steps however if i do a teamviewer session i would just be repeating the instructions of the FAQ so if you want to try it again to be sure and then email me morny@holdemmanager.net and we can do a teamviewer session, before we start the session can you have firewalls/antiviruses/postgreSQL and HM uninstalled and the downloads saved to a folder somewhere so i can install

graha0011
03-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Following that FAQ almost always solves that issue, the thing is people regularly skip or half do steps and then it dosent work. It dosent look like you skipped any steps however if i do a teamviewer session i would just be repeating the instructions of the FAQ so if you want to try it again to be sure and then email me morny@holdemmanager.net and we can do a teamviewer session, before we start the session can you have firewalls/antiviruses/postgreSQL and HM uninstalled and the downloads saved to a folder somewhere so i can install

Thanks for your reply. I'll go over everything again tomorrow and shoot you an email if I'm unsuccessful.

serendibz
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi, I am encountering the same problems. I've followed every step in the FAQ but still could not get it to work.

ThePower
03-10-2009, 04:52 AM
I have exactly the same problem. I also suddenly get the message: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1.' Played 5 hours ago. Everything worked and I have not made changes in the meantime. Pleease help.

srz
03-10-2009, 07:48 AM
I followed the instructions carefully, but I still get the same error. This is what I did (on Windows Vista Ultimate).

* UAC disabled

* http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=34
- DBControlPanel.exe, HMHud.exe and HoldemManager.exe
– “run as administrator” greyed out in all of them (but no tick, btw.), so this should be ok.
- Cannot start PostgreSQL (takes forever and doesn’t start)

* http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171
- (1. Cannot restart the server)
- (no step 2. in the list)
- 3. postgre port added
- 3 HEM files and 2 postgre files added to firewall exceptions
- 4. added those folders to win defender no scan –locations
- 5. turned defender off (after shutting off the internet connection)
- Turned firewall off
- Uninstalled postgre
- Installed postgresql-8.3.6-1-windows.exe (same folders as before & password, didn’t run stack builder in the end)
- After unsuccessfull attempt to launch HEM, I also uninstalled HEM and reinstalled it - still the same error.
- I also tried the trick mentioned last in the file, but still no success.

EDIT: Same problem: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5561

Rulenumber 6
03-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I tried everything and it still doesnt work. Then I manually deleted postgresQL and probably lost all my data. I uninstalled my symantec antivirus software and redid everything and it still doesn't work. This suck and im pissed and tired of messing with it. Tell me a real damn solution. this is such crap

vincentvdn
03-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Will uninstalling PostgreSQL make me lose all my database content?

morny
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Windows released an update thats stopping some people accessing postgreSQL, Roy said its hes NO1 priority to get this fixed and hes working on it at the moment. Keep an eye on the releases forum for a patch as well release it there as soon as we can