PDA

View Full Version : Clicking on a note sometimes shows popup instead

Hood
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I know I've read this discussed elsewhere but can't find the appropriate thread.

Sometimes there's a short delay (for me <0.5 seconds) when you click on a note to the note window popping up. However during this short time period, if the mouse cursor moves, then instead of the note window showing, the default popup is shown. V frustrating when multitabling.

Using latest beta 16 but it's always been an issue i think.

It occurs if you have "click on popup" set on or off.

p.s. one minor feature i would love to see is being able to set "click on popup", but still getting the notes shown on hover without clicking.

morny
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi weve done some testing on this with someone who had this issue and were looking into a solution

Hood
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi weve done some testing on this with someone who had this issue and were looking into a solution

cool let me know if i can help, it would be great to get this little one fixed in this beta because it's v. frustrating and really hampers the otherwise excellent note-taking facility.

fwiw i would say the is something to do with the process checking for a double-click (the pause to see if the user is double-clicking to switch to session stats). i.e. i'm thinking like:

- script pauses x milisecond to see if there's a d-click
- if the mouse-pointer moves, the doubleclick wait process is killed (because a moving mouse pointer means it's not a d-click)
- This also seems to kill to wait notes popup too

personally what i would love to see is no pause waiting for the double click on the note icon - that way hopefully this would fix the problem, and also instant popups of the note window (rather than the short pause to see if you are d-clicking). you can d-click anywhere else on the HUD to switch to session stats. thoughts roy?

Mike chops
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks. It should be fixed in beta 17

Hood
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks. It should be fixed in beta 17

you're a star