PDA

View Full Version : Multi-table SNG tournament results / size of field incorrect

CJSaunders
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I'm posting in "Manager General" because I don't know if that is a bug or not.

I've started importing manually some HH of 2-table SNGs on Pokerstars, and it does not seem to detect correctly the size of the field (that is, 18). Actually when you bust on your first table it shows 9, while if you get to the FT it will show 18. Some more tourneys have weird sizes between 9 and 18. I'm guessing that HEM tries to deduce the size of the field from the number of times you have been moved to another table, which could explain the tourney sizes like 14 (meaning you have been moved to the other table for rebalancing when you were 7 left at your first table or something ?).

More insight on how this is handled ?

Is there a way to get this sorted manually ? Possibly mass-editing at once the tournament properties of all the tourneys with incorrect size ?

And more importantly, does this happen when you are auto-importing while playing, or everything goes smoothly and the field size is always correct ?

Thanks,

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was using 1.08 beta 5.

morny
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Can you purge the hands and reimport them into this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe as there was 11 betas since with lots of improvements, did you import the tourney summaries?

CJSaunders
03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Can you purge the hands and reimport them into this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe as there was 11 betas since with lots of improvements, did you import the tourney summaries?

Actually in the meantime, I updated to the latest version (beta 16) and then played a session of 2-table SNGs on stars. And I still have exactly the same issue on the tourneys played tonight (that were auto imported while playing).

Also, might be a very obvious question but ... what are the tournament summaries ?

morny
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
summaries tell HM the results of the tournament. Sometimes HM can use intellegence to guess but most times it needs the summaries, contact your poker site to ask how to get the tourney summaries and then import those manually into HM

CJSaunders
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
summaries tell HM the results of the tournament. Sometimes HM can use intellegence to guess but most times it needs the summaries, contact your poker site to ask how to get the tourney summaries and then import those manually into HM

Ok I will. But on pokerstars I found out that by default they send you an email containing a bulky list of summaries. Should I ask them in a specific format ? Then how do I proceed in HEM to import them ?

Thanks a lot for your support,

CJSaunders
03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Actually I tried something : I used the Pokerstars client feature to get an email containing tournament summaries for last night, then copied the email content into a .txt file that I imported using "Import File" in HEM. It seemed to work very well. Smart piece of software I guess :)

Now the only remaining issue is that this pokerstars functionnality only sends you a detailed summary for your last 100 tournaments. I asked their support to get the same file (same format) for all my tournaments of this year. I'll post here when/if I get it.

Now maybe would that issue deserve a FAQ entry as pokerstars does not save automatically tournament summaries in your HH folder ? All that procedure wasn't really obvious I think :)