PDA

View Full Version : What is exactly Agg pct

Demeis
08-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I am used to the agression factor but what is exactly Agg pct ?

fabio
08-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Basically, its agg factor in percent, for example factor 3 would be 30%

pellshek
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Basically, its agg factor in percent, for example factor 3 would be 30%

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.

Ed: sorry, ed to say I can't answer the question myself, just that Fab's explanation sounds wrong, or certainly imprecise.

smf
08-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm fairly certain what fabio said is incorrect as well, since you can have an AF of say 15.0 or even infinity, but you can't have an Agg% of greater 100%.

AF is (bet+raise)/call. Checking has no effect on the AF.

I assume Agg Pct is the percentage of

(bet+raise+checkraise)/(all possible actions)

So whenever someone takes an aggressive action, its balanced vs checking and calling.

So if I see a flop 10x and check 6x, bet 4x and check raise once, my Agg Pct on the flop would be 50%.

(I included check raise because I vaguely remember reading that its included, I'm not 100% certain on that part. Maybe Roy can clarify that.)

morny
08-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah its an aggressive action eg bet, raise, check/raise, bet/raise would all be counted as an aggressive action.

Al1
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Why is there a big difference between PT3 and HM?

Here is PT3 definition of Agg%:
(total bet + total raise) / (total bet + total raise + total call + total fold) * 100

What's your definition?

Ty

morny
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Aggression percentage can be anything from 0-100 and is based on an aggressive action on each street. So if I bet the turn and the river but check the flop I would have 66% Agg Pct because I made 2 out of 3 aggressive actions.

Al1
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Aggression percentage can be anything from 0-100 and is based on an aggressive action on each street. So if I bet the turn and the river but check the flop I would have 66% Agg Pct because I made 2 out of 3 aggressive actions.

Sorry to insist, but what makes the difference between your Agg% and pt3's Agg% (see above). With PT3, I am generally around 50% and with you generally around 30%...

morny
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
The difference is way they are calculated:

PT3s is calculated (total bet + total raise) / (total bet + total raise + total call + total fold) * 100

HMs is (Any Aggressive Action such as Bet,Raise,Check Raise / No of Streets)

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and mines obviously a bit biased but i think HM's is much more useful. When i see HM's stat i can quickly see if hes 66% on the flop for example that 2/3rds of the time hes making an aggressive action, then based on hes VPIP and other considerations and board texture i can decide how often he might have a hand and how often hes probably being aggressive and just trying to win pots with aggression and base my decision on that. Im not so sure how i could interpret PT3's to make the same decision.

Hope That helps

kabal
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
does this mean that the agg% per street uses a different formula to total agg% (if total agg % is worked out (Any Aggressive Action such as Bet,Raise,Check Raise / No of Streets) )???

morny
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Well to say its divided by street is probably slightly innacurate saying its divided by the number of oppurtunities to make an aggressive act would be more accurate, if we bet the flop and turn and check the river my % would be worked out as 2 aggressive acts divided by 3 streets so if this was my 1st hand then it would be 66%

However on the 2nd hand if i bet the flop and check the turn and river then it would be 33% if you take that individually however its actually calculated by taking the 6 occassions where we had the oppurtunity to make an aggressive act and divide that by the actual total of aggressive acts so it would be a total of 6 streets and we made 3 aggressive acts so it would be 50% after the 2 hands.

For Pct by flop,turn river, if i see 40 flops and make an aggressive act on 20 of those hands then i would be 50% Pct for the flop.

Hope that clears it up and we have detailed all our stats here: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15

kabal
10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
thanks morny, that makes perfect sense

JHTAN
12-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Let say villain agg pct is great than 50% mean the agg actions dominate the passive action ie (bet,raise and check raise)>(call,check and fold).
Am I right? thanks:)

morny
12-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Yes that is correct

fazulk
01-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Morny, that link isn't working do you have one that works? PS thank you so much for answering this question. I've been using hem for 2years with no clue as to how AF% is calculated.

netsrak
01-08-2011, 07:52 AM
see this: Formulas for every HM Stat! (Updated Nov 12, 2009) - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=3595)
Questions regarding "3-bet vs." stats - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=10810)