PDA

View Full Version : Column -$EV

Sati
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Dear HM users,

i have a question referring the column EV?

I canīt find any explanation of the column $EV in the HM manual.

Can anybody of you explain me the calculation of that value or where to find one.

I just have the problem to understand that if iīm winning a session why the ev value is sometime negative

thx in advance for your replies.

Al1
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Imagine you are allin before the river and you have 50% chance to win the pot which is 100$ (only you and your opponent are contributed). If you win, you are +50$ net. But in this case, your EV diff will be -50$. By adding your net profit and the EV diff, you see what you are going to win in the long run from this pot. In this case 0$.

Sati
03-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Imagine you are allin before the river and you have 50% chance to win the pot which is 100$ (only you and your opponent are contributed). If you win, you are +50$ net. But in this case, your EV diff will be -50$. By adding your net profit and the EV diff, you see what you are going to win in the long run from this pot. In this case 0$.

Hello Al1,

thanks for your explanation.

In the meantime i tried to invest some more time in the HM Stats and iīm still interested in the EV-value.

Referring to your explanation the EV-value itīs just only calculated for AI-situations.
I think this is correct(it doesnīt matter if itīs AI preflop, on the flop or on the turn)

If my EV-value is (Cash Game category - subfolder session - overall report) a postive one -

letīs say 100$, than this means that i should have one 100$ more or is it vice versa for positive figures?

The second questions is if itīs possible to reconfigure the columns in the session report for each handreport - at least i want to ask if itīs possible to get the EV-value shown for each hand(also some ohter columns) - for the moment the EV itīs just shown in the overall session report.

Thanks for your support.

morny
03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Its all explained in this FAQ: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68

If your unsure please attach a HH and your calculation and ill try and answer your question

JPFisher55
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok if the $EV stat is your EV for allins on the turn and earlier, then why does the number change if I add a filter for allins on the turn and earlier?

morny
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Might be something wrong with the filter, ill escalate this to Roy