PDA

View Full Version : connection closing

Alterior Motv
03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I am running Vista and downloaded the trial last night. I installed 8.3. Everything worked great for the couple hours I used it last night. I disabled User Access Control and stopped my firewall services. When I loaded it this morning I could not connect until I went into running process (which there were 6 POST processes) and ended POST. Now when i open HEM I get:

1. Unable to read any data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2. Then it gives me the you are running vista/user control pop up.
3. Next it takes me to the connect to postgresql page....I click connect and it says the same forcibly closed error.....I go back to my running processes and end POST again.....go back and click connect now it says connection could not be made, would you like HEM to start service? I click yes it says it started the service, please try again.......I click connect and I can now select my database and start HEM.
4. I start suto import and everything works fine.... after about 10 minutes I get the forcibly closed connection error after I change from cash to toruny tab. HUD is still updating on my table but I get that error on every tab I click on. Eventually I get a windows warning to continue or quit application.

Any ideas what is going on. I followed the steps for my firewalls and have added 5432 into my routers open ports.

Al1
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Reboot you computer and check if the postgreSQL service is running: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=34

If yes, can you check if you have installed this .net framwork update:

Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5SP1 (KB5958484)

If yes, uninstall it:
If youve already installed it you need to uninstall it and reboot and it
should be fine then. Instructions below:
Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features and on the left hand menu you
should see a "View Installed Updates"
If you already see the Installed on Column then click to view the latest
installs and look for the update called Hotfix for Microsoft .Net
Framework 3.5SP1 (KB5958484) and uninstall it and reboot the PC. If you
dont see the installed on column right click on the column header and
select Installed on.