PDA

View Full Version : When to update?

miol22
03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I have purchased HM Pro v1.07 and have been using it for about two months and I am very satisfied with the sofware and the support. I have talked to you about some issues and been suggested to upgrade to the 1.08 beta version. Is this really safe or should I be waiting for the official release? I mean, I have paid for the full version, which runs perfectly for me, and I donīt want any hazzle that usually comes with beta versions.

What I was interested of was being able to sort by dates and also take a look at the new hand analyzer which looks very interesting.

Keep up the good work, I really appreciate it!

Michael

jerseys
03-08-2009, 11:37 AM
From what I heard, official 1.08 is like a week away, so I'd wait just a little bit longer.

Al1
03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I allways insta-upgrade to the latest beta version. Beta are hyper stable and you have to considere them more like upgrade/fixes.

miol22
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. When I update, should I treat that process as reinstalling HM with the new version (or beta version), copying the config folder to keep my settings and importing my old hands from the database? Also, will my registration code work an infinite number of times, like if I update several times I will have to also use the registration code every time which seems unlikely to be possible. Am I wrong?

Michael

Al1
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. When I update, should I treat that process as reinstalling HM with the new version (or beta version), copying the config folder to keep my settings and importing my old hands from the database? Also, will my registration code work an infinite number of times, like if I update several times I will have to also use the registration code every time which seems unlikely to be possible. Am I wrong?

Michael

When you upgrade, you have nothing to do, just close HM and execute the upgrade.
You don't need to use more licenses.