PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem

michelin
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
hi,
I have to format my computer today, and after installing windows, I try to install HM. Everythnig was okay until I install postrgresql. I followed all the instructions but when my cpu copying files to install SQL, there is an error during the initializing database cluster, the message say "failed to create temporary directory", and the action rolling back.

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
try to uninstall postgresql from the Control Panel, generally you cant.

Then can you go to Program Files and manually delete the postgreSQL folder and reboot your computer.

Try to reinstall and tell me if it works.

michelin
03-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi,
I can't uninstall SQl cause the action rolling back for each errors and installation failed. Now; I try today and it's another error "Failed to run initdb: 1! Please see the logfile in C:\..."

michelin
03-07-2009, 10:36 AM
to be more prercise, I put the initdb.log

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "SYSTEM".
This user must also own the server process.

The database cluster will be initialized with locale French_France.1252.
The default text search configuration will be set to "french".

fixing permissions on existing directory I:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 400kB/20000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in I:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/1 ... child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "I:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data"

morny
03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Please see this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1279&highlight=failed+run+initdb

michelin
03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
ok thanks a lot for the thread, but I can't find answer. The only answer i've seen, need an anterior version of postgresql

morny
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
If that solution dosent work id recommend posting on them forums to see if someone from PostgreSQL can look into your problem