PDA

View Full Version : not importing ALL the hands

MarKe
03-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I just re-formated my computer this week, everything went well to re-install HEM and restore my database. So today, I started a session(I play on Absolute Poker), after a while, I wanted to see my results and my stats for the sessions and it says I only played 449 hands(my hands played are displayed on each table and I calculated like 700 hands in total, even more because I closed 1 or 2 tables that I played on so I could not get the numbers for those one).

Also, in the cash game-reports section,it says that I played VPIP%: 16.6 , PFR%: 16.6 in those "449 hands", and trust me it's impossible that I played 16.6/16.6, even in only 449 hands. My import from folder is ok(C:\Poker Application\Absolute Poker\HandHistory\****(my username),my hud is ok(because it was displaying the REAL amount of hands I was playing)and my configuration for the auto import is good also(C:\Poker Application\Absolute Poker\HandHistory + subfolders). So I was wondering what was the solution for this ? thank you

edit : i'm using the 1.08 beta 16

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:06 PM
If you try to reimport those hands manually, doest HM import them?

If not:

Can you create a new DB and import those hands and tell me if it works: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

MarKe
03-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Can you create a new DB and import those hands and tell me if it works: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

it worked, thanks a lot, but do you know if it will happen again ?

morny
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to a system table.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

MarKe
03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
thank you very much