PDA

View Full Version : Does All-In EV consider non-showdown winnings?

pokertx
08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Does the All-in EV calculation take non-showdown winnings into account at all?

For example..

Today I won $1000, my All-in EV says I should have won $0, my Non-Showdown winnings is at $500. With that said, what was my actual EV for the day? $0 or $500?

smf
08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
its 0

it adjusts your total winnings

pokertx
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
In that case the name "All-In" EV could be a bit misleading. Something simple like Total EV or just EV would be more suitable. As non-showdown winnings aren't necessarily winnings that you received from being All-In.

smf
08-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing, I was referring to the "All-in EV adjusted $" stat. In the report its actually displayed as $(EV adjusted) iirc.

Imho it does exactly what the title implies, it adjusts your winnings based on the EV of allin hands.

pokertx
08-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Okay, that makes more sense to me. I see it now in the 'Reports' tab where it can be added to my report as "$(EV adjusted)", that title makes more sense to me. I was only viewing it in graph form as "Display All-In EV". I was formerly using the EV calc from pokerevsoftware.com that works with PT2, and All-In EV in that software didn't take into account non-showdown winnings, hence the confusion on my end. Thanks for clarifying.