PDA

View Full Version : Database management problem

Keifullstop
03-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi there,
I bought hem a few days ago...It all worked properly until today...When i click on database management it suddenly close hem and opens the database control panel (where you have the ip address of the pc , the button "connect" , postgres password etc...)...I click connect...It works properly but again if i click on database management it does it again...Seems really weird, kinda like a bug to me...The program works good but even after doing almost everything (shutting down/restarting/stopping and starting postgresql etc....) it still do this...And i haven't done anything to justify this behavior of the program today...What do i have to do?...Thanks...

Keifullstop
03-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I've tried also uninstalling and reinstalling hem and postgres...It all works properly except the fact that when i press on "database management" it closes hem and reopens the database control panel...I click "connect" , it works good but as i go to the database management i'm again at te db control panel...I probably can live without the db management:)...But you know i just bought it and it gives this bug...It's peppering me!:eek:...Can somebody help me?...Thanks...

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:03 PM
This is normal.
What do you want to do with your DB?

Keifullstop
03-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi AL1...No it's not normal:confused:...I've tried to click on it 2 days ago and it opened a window with hands selection, limits , players etc...It seems like it is in a loop..And i'm 100% certain that 2 days ago it worked differently...At the moment i don't want to do anything, as i said i can probably live without db management...But you never know...

Keifullstop
03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Ah and i found another error...When i try to do the vacuum analyze it says that "there was an error during the vacuum.Please manually vacuum your database through pgadmin"...

I don't need to do a vacuum...In the case i have the doc file that explains how to do the vacuum analyze...It's only another error that i get on the same menu of "database management" (that is the "Options" menu)...

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Ah and i found another error...When i try to do the vacuum analyze it says that "there was an error during the vacuum.Please manually vacuum your database through pgadmin"...

I don't need to do a vacuum...In the case i have the doc file that explains how to do the vacuum analyze...It's only another error that i get on the same menu of "database management" (that is the "Options" menu)...

Yeha, this is normal too, you can find how to vacuum here: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163

About the DB Managment, here is what it is supposed to display after you click connect:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/58/image1miw.jpg
In the red square, that's what you can "Manage". The Start HM button is only here to restart HM when you have "Managed" what you wanted.

What you are speaking about is more something you obtain when you click "Filter => Edit".

Keifullstop
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
You are right...Sorry...I'm such a donkey...Really sorry to have bothered you...To my discharge i can only say that i'm new to the use of hem...Sorry again and thanks...

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
No prob.

Good luck.